Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2013

Arrival nibbles any good ideas ?

jesty, 23 April, 2013 at 21:23 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone

we are sending our guests to the reception venue about 3pm and the meal won't be served until 5:30, do you have any good ideas for fulfilling nibbles that are not to filling or messy to serve our guests, we are on a budget and already have homeade sausage rolls on the menu but struggling to come up with more ideas.

thanks

Mel

3 replies

Latest activity by Irisbride, 23 April, 2013 at 21:54
  • Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Are you making it all yourself?

I'm doing macaroons for guest to nibble after the ceremony. But you must do the filling with ganache and they have to be made the day before (or you could do buttercream but fill them on the day, I'm thinking it's going to be a bit tough to squeeze in)

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

What about some nice olives, 'posh' nuts, crisps, mini savory biscuity type things? The go well with drinks (assuming you having drinks reception before dinner)?

That what we are having.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

-Spring rolls

-Choux puffs with savoury filling

-pitta bread with dips- homous, sun dried tomato, smoked salmon, tapenade, cheese/onion, tatziki etc. The pittas can be served warm & soft, or, cut into trianges & put in the oven for a few minutes to make them crispy

-vol-u-vents

-devils on horseback (prunes wrapped in bacon & grilled. You can also put blue cheese inside the prune)

-mini chicken satay on skewers

-quail eggs with celery salt

-samosas

-mini sausages/chipolatas on sticks

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a good idea. I think it depends if you are doing them yourself or via a caterer etc, as will depend on what options they have? You could do salmon blinis, mini bruschetta bites, things that can be prepared in advance and are easy to eat.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics