Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Arsehole Neighbours!!!!! Advice neede

1 of October of 2015 at 22:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 19

So we bought our dream house earlier this year... Big house on a lovely road. We are the youngest couple on the street by at least 20 years. The road has no parking restrictions or permits it is just a regular residential road. We have a drive for two cars so mine and CityBoy park on the drive and when Mumma visits she parks down the road where there is 500m of road with no houses on it. She parks here so she doesnt block any ones drive.

So today she was left an insanely agressive note:

PARKING HERE IS FOR RESIDENTS ONLY. THIS CAR HAS BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED PARKING

HERE AND IT IS NOT A RESIDENTIAL VEHICLE THE PHOTOGRAPH IS TIME AND DATE STAMPED

AND WILL BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE AND COUNCIL IF IT IS SEEN PARKING IN THIS STREET AGAIN.

I am furious. I have no idea who it is but i have reported to the police as aggressive behaviour.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

19 replies

Latest activity by MrsRees2B, 28 of October of 2015 at 23:53
  • halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

You need to get a visitors permit. Most councils provide these. Ring up and ask.

i would not engage with the neighbour. He will see the visitors permit and shut up.

alternatively your mum could park on the drive and you get your residents parking permit and park elsewhere.

its a very stupid and aggressive note but unfortunately the person is right that your mum cannot park there without a permit. You need to resolve that rather than focus on the note.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Oh sorry I just realised I misread your post and you don't have restrictions. Leave a note on the screen saying the previous note was reported and the police have been made aware?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

This brings out my inner beast. I'd photograph the car myself (and date & time stamp it) then photocopy this letter and post both through every house in the street asking for the muppet who wrote the letter to ring your doorbell and have a conversation about the parking rather than acting like a d!ck. That might be why most of my neighbours hate me though........

If there are't any restrictions then I don't see what the clown can do about it. Surely if there's no restrictions and she's parking legally nobodies going to care?

Can you see her car from your house? Maybe next time she visits keep an eye out for who it is leaving notes?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

What a pr*ck. Leave him/her to it. They can leave notes til the cows come home, won't make a blind bit of difference.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I'd laugh and throw the note out. Let them call the council and they council will tell them they don't have a leg to stand on.

I'd feel differently if they damaged the car.

I live on a quiet street where there are only 2 young couples - us and another couple. Most of our neighbours are lovely but I am a bit afraid of twitchy curtains and dobbing in. However, so far so good. My 93 year old neighbour throws my dog a bone over the fence every so often and has even chased the dog down the road when she escaped.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

If there are no parking restrictions and your mum is not blocking anyone's drive then I don't see what their problem is. I think you've done the right thing to let visitors park on your drive and move yours to the road to save your mum the hassle. I wonder where Mr or Mrs Nastys visitors park?

Unfortunately there is usually one in every neighbourhood.

if it continues I would go the route of a photo of the nasty notes in a letter pushed through everyone's letterbox as per the other poster. If it does no other good it shows them you reported it and it shows them you are telling every single neighbour that there is a dic@ there. I think you were right to put the note in your car when you parked it there also.

do you live near the station or something where loads of cars turn up to park?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

This makes my blood boil. I used to park outside someone's house now and again when H used to live with his mum and got a nasty letter like this. Wanted to leave a note back saying I play my bloody road tax same as you and I can park where I bloody well like! Didn't know who'd written it though.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Words fail me!

Some people are idiots about parking and it brings out the worst in them. It isn't like your mum was parking outside someone's house - not that you could do anything about that either on a public road! You've done the right thing there!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

What a complete t....... Well I won't say it. Yes it sounds like your immediate neighbours are lovely and that they have a good idea who the culprit is. Do as the police say and collect any more. Course me being me I would be arranging for a lot of visitors one after the other just to put their backs up as after all you're doing nothing wrong.

So... On a positive it's unlikely you would ever get broken into as the burglars wouldn't stand a chance with your eagle eyed obnoxious neighbour!

Do the rest of your neighbours NEVER have visitors! Hopefully this will be the end of it but I would be dying to know who it is. Arrange a visitor and spy! Catch them in the act.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Good advice from the police, and very sweet act from your neighbour.

I still wouldn't bother engaging them. It's just not worth the hassle and stress.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

We have very passive aggressive neighbours, we have just ignored them.

we got a puppy last year and went to both neighbours to say, hey we have a puppy let me know if he makes too much noise or disturbs you...anyways 4 months later we get a book on how to train dogs through the door with pages folded about dogs barking. it made my blood boil. no one has ever come to us. ive even recorded my dog day and night and he doesnt make a sound.

some people just get a kick out of being a **** lol

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully it's all sorted and your neighbour our has put Mr or Mrs nasty straight. As opposed to they were out that day. I hope you don't get any more.bother from it.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Some people are so precious about parking, Even when they have no right to be. We lived in our last house for 6 years and next door but 1 had no drive but expected to park right outside their house. Sometimes OH had to because there was nowhere else.

The man once confronted me and asked if he would ever be able to park in front of his bl**dy house. I told him of course he can once he buys a house with a driveway or pays both our road tax :-)

He never mentioned it again.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

We had a neighbour like this at our old flat. If you parked in what he considered his space he would knock on the door and tell you to move it. There was no allocated parking or permits etc just a private residential road. He also walked into my downstairs neighbours flat while she was in the shower and stood in her living room smoking cigars.... we all started locking our doors after that.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I would have had the fright of my life. I would also have rung the police!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we spoke to his mum turned out he is/was mentally ill got sectioned not long after... He used to stand in his front window starkers... He used to spend long stints in the local elderly secure facility.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics