Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Childhood-Sweet<3
Beginner July 2014

Arsenal gift idea for Groom

Childhood-Sweet<3, 19 of November of 2013 at 11:34 Posted on Planning 1 12

Sorry if this has been mentioned before and I missed it, but I wondered if any of you had any luck with getting some sort of letter or photo from Arsenal for your groom as a present?

Thanks

12 replies

Latest activity by Trish2014, 20 of November of 2013 at 20:30
  • PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I plan on doing this... But no idea how to go about it! So will be following this thread with interest. My plan so far was to send them a card and request the team sign it for him...in hope they'd send back a photo or letter. lol

• G
    Beginner December 2013
    Gladys78 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I don't tend to post on here very often but I think I can help with this. I actually sent a card to the club at the beginning of November with a letter requesting if Arsene and maybe a couple of the players would sign it for my OH. The card was sent back within a week along with a letter saying that they only sign cards for charity but if I could supply the date of the wedding they would send a congratulations letter signed by Arsene which I received just over 2 weeks later.

I was so surprised that they even came back to me and my OH will be so chuffed when I give him the letter on our wedding day next month!

I hope this helps!

x

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Ah nice work ladies. Never realised you could get signed letters.

My H season ticket holder for arsenal and my surprise gift on the day was our cake toppers with H in an Arsenal shirt

Charly - I take it your fiance is German? we went to Dortmund 2 weeks ago to see Arsenal play them, and well, lose.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I sent a letter to Manchester United, now keeping my fingers crossed that I get a response. I found an old post somewhere with a template letter and the address where other brides said they got a congratulatory letter.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I got a signed picture of Thierry Henry when he was still at Arsenal for my H2B; I emailed them asking and they replied asking for, then, boyfriend's name and an address and very quickly I received it in the post along with a poster of the team and an information pack. Thyat was a couple of years back now obviously!

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Ah brilliant, thanks ladies. Think it will go down a treat. We have a few little touches during the day, like the tables being names after the invincible team, so I know how important it is to him!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Skeppers got a Tottenham (don't hate me if I've got that wrong!) letter signed for her groom, she just wrote to them, apparently they were very accommodating!

• becca030713
    Beginner June 2014
    becca030713 ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé is an Arsenal fan and I contacted them. They sent this back...

"Thank you for your email. You can request a letter of congratulations from the Arsenal Manager Mr Wenger. Please write to The Contact Centre, Arsenal Football Club plc, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, Highbury, London, N5 1BU 4-6 weeks prior to the event, include the full names of the bride & groom, the date of the wedding and the address to which it should be sent.

We only arrange for shirts, footballs, photographs, etc to be signed for those raising funds for Charitable Organisations or those supporters who are ill or in hospital and in this instance usually a letter of ‘best wishes’ is sent to them from our Manager, Arsène Wenger."

Hope this helps. x

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect, thank you very much!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Yep! One of our lovely brides surprised her groom during the speeches with a letter from Arsene. I think she sent him an invitation to the wedding and got a letter back Smiley smile

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I never would have thought of this - my OH isn't a football fan, but if I could get a card or letter from the England Cricket squad he'd probably be over the moon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics