Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Artificial button holes?

emmaloulou80, 14 October, 2010 at 11:56 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all, I've just had a quote from a florist, and to be honest it's really quite reasonable. However, I've been thinking about having artificial button holes for the men as this takes almost £50 off the total price. I've found some really nice ones on Ebay and am considering buying them. OH is really not bothered if they are real or fake (men eh?!) and I kind of resent paying a load of money for flowers which will just die. I can justify it for mine and the bridesmaids bouqets, but not the button holes. Any opinions? Is anyone having artificial ones?

5 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 15 October, 2010 at 06:40
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

What flowers are you having in your bouquet? Artificial are cheaper but as they say you only get what you pay for. If you need any help or advice feel free to contact me.

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmaloulou80 ·
    • Hide content

My bouquet is going to be a hand tied posy with cream gerberas and purple lisanthus (hopefully I've spelt that right!) the buttonholes I've seen are cream roses, with pearls and diamante which fit our theme really well. I'm definitly having real bouquets, but was worried artificial button holes might look a bit naff, so just wanted some reassurance!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They will look fine I have done a mixture of fresh & Artificial flowers for Brides & the Guests haven't even been able to tell the difference!

These are all artificial:

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

My buttonholes aren't gonna be flowers.. They will be made from fabric and buttons. Infact, they are currently being made to my spec by a lady who makes jewellery etc. If I wasn't having these, I was going to go for fake flowers.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could have artificial for the buttonholes and fresh for the main bridal flowers. It won't be noticeable provided you go for top quality artificial flowers. I know the price of buttonholes may seem a lot to some people because they are only a single flower plus a few leaves but, as always with bespoke made items, it is the time you are paying for as each individual leaf and flower and bow has to be wired and then they all have to be assembled together to form the design. Some people seem to think it's just a case of cutting a flower, sellotaping some leaves on and it's done - not true (if it's done properly that is!) There are lots of buttonholes on my website under the buttonhole gallery if you need a few ideas.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics