Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam
Curious December 2023 Essex

Artificial flowers?

Sam, 24 of September of 2022 at 21:31 Posted on Planning 0 11
I'm currently researching our options to style our christmas wedding next year!

I'm interested to hear people's opinions/ experiences to make a bit of a pro/con between artificial versus real flowers. I've yet to get any quotes as really just getting my ideas together so also interested in what budget to expect between the 2!
Thanks all!

11 replies

Latest activity by Sinéad, 26 of September of 2022 at 21:03
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We've gone for artificial - it was 1/4 of the price of real! While we do want flowers they weren't a top priority for our budget so just couldn't justify the price difference - basically £2k vs £500. When I went into the studio I was amazed how real the artificial ones looked!! The lady explained to me that often they only look fake if you ask for colours that the kind of flower you're after wouldn't naturally be (e.g. teal roses never exist in nature).

Lots of photographers have said you can't tell the difference in photos either.

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!

I'm amazed at your price difference! I'm thinking maybe a mixture, artificial for the big expensive things!
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Be wary as some florists write into their contracts that they must be the only flower arranger - typically I found artificial florists don't be but for real they do! Might not be an issue in your area but something to watch out for.

Other nice thing is that artificial bouquets are yours to keep, so nice keepsake for you and the bridesmaids as they will last unlike real flowers Smiley smile

If it helps for reference, our quotes covered: moongate flower arch, bridal bouquet, 3 x bridesmaids bouquets, 9 x buttonholes, 3 x corsages

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't considered that. I have actually found a place that does both that could be good! Good to know re: quote, thank you!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Here is my take on artificial flowers.

You are not limited by colour,

They are not affected by seasonal supply and availability .

So many times I have seen brides stressed because the flowers were late being delivered, you can get the artificial months in advance.

They will not get bruised / floppy or loose any heads from being snapped off during the days use

They do not attract wasps - bees and flies.

You can keep them forever.

Some real flower bouquets can actually be quite heavy to carry around all day, artificial ones are very light weight.

In the photos you can not tell that they are artificial. And actually I have been fooled at first glance when seeing them during bridal prep shots, some are really very good.

But they are not real and for some only real will do.

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your insight! Lots if great points to think about. I've heard they are much lighter!
  • G
    Beginner December 2023 Durham
    Glenis ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married next December and have gone for artificial flowers, I found an idea of what I liked online and sent it some people for quotes and I'm paying £250 for what I need. Loads cheaper 😊
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!

Artificial getting some good reviews!
  • Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    We too have gone artificial. Ours arrived the other day so happy with them 😊
    Artificial flowers? 1

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow they look fab! Thanks!
  • Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I'm delighted with them 😊. A very talented lady called flower by Jane did them. She was a pleasure to work with

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics