Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

Artificial Flowers

MrsWood2b16, 3 of June of 2015 at 23:31 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi

I'm looking at making my bouquets.

Has anyone else done this? Or can anyone recommend any suppliers?

Thank you

X

13 replies

Latest activity by MrsWood2b16, 8 of June of 2015 at 20:37
  • M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsWood2b16 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone? Smiley smile

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Are you hoping to produce your own bouquet of artificial flowers or your own bouquet of fresh flowers?

Re artificial flowers, I think I might have seen individual stems in Dunelm.

Fresh flowers are possible too if you have wholesalers in the local area e.g. its possible in London, not sure about the rest of the country.

HTH.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I did my bridal party flowers and the venue flowers. For bouquets and buttonholes I went to Country Baskets. Superb selection and good prices. Just watch for the VAT as it's a trade place that seels to the public. They do do mail order but I would recommend going to your local outlet. They have them all over. hth x

here's mine:

They really weren't that hard to do - just a bit fiddly, but allow yourself time, study You Tube and be realistic about what you can acheive. But enjoy it. I had a ball doing all my DIY stuff Smiley smile x

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

If you have a whittingtons near you I would recommend having a look there. They are trade prices so remember to add the vat.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My mum and aunt made mine. They used an online tutorial and bought the flowers at Hobbycraft. Here's a pic of the finished article

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I did my bridesmaid bouquets using flowers from dunelm and oasis posy holders and ribbon from eBay. Oh and superglue and wire cutters. I'm not crafty at all and made it up as I went along but am pleased with the result (and the significant saving and being able to choose the exact flowers I wanted by sight)

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

One of my best friends made all my flowers and wands for my little flower girls She bought all the foam flowers online and then found tutorials to put them together on youtube - I think she did a fabulous job!

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

What lovely results! I've got to admit I've bought pre-made artificial bouquets and yours compare very well. Smiley smile

I'd not have had the time or skill to make them but for anyone considering artificial, hardly anyone will notice. Reminds me, I must take pics.

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Hi 2bMrsWoody, I made my own. I bought all of my flowers from Ebay, some from UK suppliers, some from China. I sat and watched youtube vids of how to put them together, I trawled Pinterest for inspiration and this is the finished article. I'm quite pleased with them to be honest, although will change the bouquets so that the stems are showing, so they look more naturally gathered! It did take a full day and my hands were ripped to shreds! Get some good wire cutters, florist tape, artifical foliage too.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Saturday morning shopping, I spotted some individual artificial flowers in Wilkinsons and Poundland.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

If you have the patience it's very rewarding making your own. I made my own for myself and bridesmaids from a book on floral arrangements

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsWood2b16 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, but will read all these later.

I'm definitely looking at making artificial bouquets rather than real flowers due to timings. I won't have time the day before to be making my bouquets, whereas if I have artificial I can make them whenever ? xxx

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    lindabelle66 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I bought my flowers from a lady who trades as Florifleur on ebay. I have got a lovely ivory rose broach bouquet with several matching button holes and 4 corsages for less than £60. Im not artistic enough to make them myself but i thought for £60 they were very good value for money and im delighted with them. Unfortunately im not clever enough to post pictures on here!

xx

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsWood2b16 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have her ebay name?

Thank you x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics