Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2017

Artificial Flowers?

LuxuriousGoldDecor405, 20 of January of 2017 at 09:31 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello

Does anyone have any experience in using artificial flowers for the wedding or just buying buncheds from a wholesaler and making them yourself? I am looking at options for our flowers and saw a couple of artificial ones in hobby craft and dunelm and thought maybe I would make a boquet that way. Or even going to buy them from a supermarket the day before and making a couple of boquets for me and my 2 bridesmaids.I dont want to spend hundreds on flowers that just get binned at the end of the day

Anyone done somehting similar or planning this for their wedding?

5 replies

Latest activity by Bharat, 10 of November of 2021 at 12:53
  • Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I've been umming and ahhing about wedding flowers, I was first going to get them from a wholesaler the day before, but I'm worried that it might not look right and I'm not sure I want the stress of it the day before. Also I had a moment where it suddenly dawned on my that as it's june there are probably going to be loads of wasps and bees (which terrify me) and I don't want them buzzing round my bouquet.

Sooo I'm hoping to do mine with artificial flowers, in fact I was in M&S the other day and they had a nice variety of artificial flowers and they were on 3 for 2. If you look close you can see their fake, but tbh having real flowers isn't a big thing for me. Also means I can keep it as a decoration in my house!

Tho have look in your area and see if they have a florist workshop for making a bouquet if you do want to do real flowers, as I think it's one of those things that looks easier than it is!

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyPinkStationery692 ·
    • Hide content

I have decided to have both fresh and artificial flowers. I found the perfect artificial flowers in Home Sense for my table decorations so I bought those. For my bouquet and my BM's bouquets i do want fresh, but like you I want to keep the costs down and don't want to spend a fortume so my BM's are going to have gypsohillia bouquets. Simple, pretty and very very reasonable!

https://uk.pinterest.com/juliefrost27/weddings/

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I'd say it depends on what your weddings like but the week of mine was mayhem and really stressful and I couldn't of manged to make up fresh bouquets successfully.

Artificial flowers would work better as you could arrange them months in advance.

I made all our bouquets and buttonholes, the bouquets were brooch and ribbon flowers. I started collecting brooches a year before then slowly making the flowers which were really tricky to start but you quickly get used to it. All 4 bouquets came to about £50 and 8 buttonholes came to £20. What is lovely is everyone still has there's.

Here's a few pics

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to weddings were the real flowers are wilting by the time the photographs come around, and a friend who had fake flowers was able to keep her bouquet, and it looked lovely displayed in her home. I'm personally going for fake foam flowers, much cheaper too!

• S
    Beginner November 2016
    StarCRM ·
    • Hide content

I bought bouquets and buttonholes from Petals Polly and they were really nice. During the reception, my mum went around telling people that the flowers were fake and they didn't believe her and came over wanting to touch them and look at them more closely. It has been really nice to be able to keep the bouquet and buttonholes afterwards. If I had had more time and was more creative, I might have made my own bouquets.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics