Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2015

artistic motion videography

hallowedding, 5 of June of 2014 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 36

Has anyone used artistic motion videography? I came across their website, watched a few of their youtube videos and really liked them. I called to speak to them today, turns out they are based in Brighton and i am in the west mids. They cover the whole of the UK but I would have to go to them for an initial meeting, or as an alternative I have been offered a skype chat. I tried searching for some reviews but couldn't find any, their facebook page doesn't have any client interaction that i can see, and i just feel wary of booking with them without having met them or read any reviews. Any thoughts/advice on this would be appreciated.

36 replies

Latest activity by staceylnolan@hotmail.co.uk, 15 of July of 2018 at 17:49
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I haven't got any online reviews or on my facebook page ( I just hate facebook and don't maintain the page ), I just don't like asking clients to go out of there way to do them, I know I should but I don't, most of the reviews I see all sound false to me? Take the skype call, I do that all the time if clients cannot come to me.

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bruce, I just didn't know if it would be wise to book a supplier that way but hearing you say you don't have many reviews online makes me feel less paranoid about them not being legit so to speak. I'll do the skype call and hopefully it will help me to make a decision.

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No not that I don't have many, I don't have any???. I'm sure I can get a lot but I just feel funny asking my clients to spend time doing it but that's just me.

Another photographer friend had over 500 reviews on google, then google changed something and he lost the lot and it took him years to get them.

They look ok to me with a limited search and no problems come up for there company on google, worry when you see people bad mouthing them but no one has. Skype call is brilliant.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I haven't heard of them - but I'm in Yorkshire so they are a long way from me!

From looking at their site and FB page I get the impression that they may not be full time videographers. There's no content at all on their blog and little on their FB page. They are also quite cheap. For the price, their work looks OK.

You could have a skype chat as suggested and see how you get on.

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bruce that's helpful and good to know . I will do the skype chat.

Paula, it was the price that drew me to them and also as I am indian i wanted someone who had covered asian weddings which they have but I hadn't considered that they may be hobby vogs so that's something to keep in mind.

Are there any questions in particular that i should be asking during the skype chat?

• B
    • Hide content

I wouldn't call them cheap, that is what the prices for video is down here but it seems they will sell you the two person video and the one person video is just to pull you in, lets not start picking on a company because we can. Only the op can decide but I strongly advice a skype call.

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes links to other work they have done. You will get a feel for them when you skype them. There company or rather there web address was registered in 2011 by the looks of it.

Edit to say they have other work on there site http://www.artisticmotion.co.uk

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

That's awesome, thanks Bruce, you've done my research for me ? I had no clue where to start or what to think so I'm grateful for your help.

• B
    • Hide content

? You are welcome but do check them out and give them a skype call to set your mind at rest, I would do more research for you but I'm still trying to get ready for the next 3 weddings starting tomorrow??

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most Indian weddings I have covered have 3-4 cameras and a vision mixer/director.

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hallowedding, I am also considering Artistic Motion and wondered whether you had gone with them and what you thought please? Thanks :-)

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

Hi lucky sparkle, I decided not to go with them in the end... we had a Skype chat and we didn't really gel... I asked for the name/website of the photographer they used as I was looking to book both but he couldn't tell me the name of the photographer so I asked him to find out and forward the details to me which he never did. on top of this he wanted a 50% deposit to secure my date and without having any recommendations I just didn't feel like parting with that kind of money. HTH. xx

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hallowedding, thanks for the update. I think i'm going to follow my gut feeling and shop around too :-) xx

• B
    • Hide content

I am apparently working with this company on the 10th August.

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bruce, Would you mind updating us once you have worked with them please? They are probably absolutely fine but as Hallowedding said, without having met them or finding many reviews we're being cautious. Thank you :-)

• B
    • Hide content

I will update this thread once I have worked with them, they did give me a ring last week and sound really nice and they are on one of the venues recommended list that I am on.

You have every right to be cautious, there are too many start up companies not only in photography but video as well so you have to be careful but saying that I don't have any reviews online, I just never felt I should bother my clients and giving them more work but if they give me a review/testimonial then I post them when I remember to that is??

Another thing, the reviews I have seen on some photographers sites always look like they wrote it and that is the reason I never used to post them until a few clients told me I was mad not to?

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bruce, thank you very much, look forward to hearing from you :-)

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will let you know on the 11th August?

• B
    • Hide content

Ok I worked with this guy today, very easy to work with, a really nice guy (David), we worked together really well and was not in each others shots which is the most important thing at a wedding.

I saw some of his video which was fantastic, he even has a video of me now trying to get out of the way of the groom who was sliding past me on a strip wire? cant remember what its called but the groom went up in to a tree house then came sliding out on the wire, my second shooter was shooting below trying to get a different angle and I was in front with the groom coming towards me at speed, looking at the video guys video I was lucky not to get hit?? I don't think I will do that again, very polite, professional and using top of the range equipment.

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much for the feedback. They sound great and i think they are back on the list to consider :-)

• B
    • Hide content

Brilliant, honestly I don't recommend people that are not right if you know what I mean but David is brilliant. I now have a copy of that video of me and boy I don't know how I never got hit??

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you had a lucky escape Bruce! :-)

I suspect we will go with David, his online reviews and videos look fantastic and now that we have your review too from a professional point of view i think you've sold it to us.

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its great when you get a videographer that has the same goal in mind and thinks the same way as you and that's getting great photos/footage of the wedding, you work together for the same out come and that's what matters.

• S
    sarsar02 ·
    • Hide content

I'm shopping around for videographers as well but I've found a videography husband and wife team called Midway Media from the Midlands, their work seems really good and I like how chatty they are, seems sweet ?.

I always get scared looking at videographers as you never know what to expect but at the end of the day you don't know what to expect with anyone lol. Did you book in the end?

Sam x

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    missbridezilla2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I am getting married next year and have been in touch with this company myself. I just wondered if you ended up booking with them?

:-)

• S
    sarsar02 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, was your response to me about Midway-Media Smiley smile? If so, yes I have booked them, worth every penny and it's one thing I won't regret x

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    missbridezilla2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, no it was with regards to artistic motion, how ever I am only at the beginning of my videography search. So if you could give me a link to them or anything it would be very much appreciated? I prefer going from recommendations, makes me feel more content. Thank you for coming back to me. X

• B
    • Hide content

If you are going by recommendation then make sure its from someone that has already had the work done and that they are happy with the finished result, seen it too many times on here where someone will come along recommending a supplier and yet they haven't even shot the wedding yet so how do you know how good they are.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    missbridezilla2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Bruce. My problem is I don't know anybody that's a had a videographer therefore I am having to rely on the Internet. Which is worrying me a little. It's very hard choosing.

• B
    • Hide content

Start your own thread asking for recommendations and put an area in as well, always take notice of the ones that have already used the company, there are too many people recommending their own company if you know what I mean. Make sure you can see the video that the person recommending is a real video of their wedding and not someone elses wedding. If you need any help when you find one then I am happy to take a look.

• S
    sarsar02 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah of course, they travel nationwide so hopefully they can help you out! Their website is www.midwaymediablog.com and their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/midwaymedia. I hope you find them suitable for you, you can see their editing skills within their work so enjoy Smiley smile x

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    missbridezilla2016 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely. Thank you :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics