Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2011

Asda bridesmaid dresses

MISSMAYFLOWER, 30 July, 2010 at 13:59 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hello

Just wondered if anyone has ordered any bridesmaid dresses from Asda. My BM has seen some on there that are only £30 so just wondered if anyone had seen these as well and seen what quality they are. The price would really help my budget, but I don't want the girls in dresses that dont look nice

Thank you

x

17 replies

Latest activity by car822499, 1 August, 2010 at 23:59
  • Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I havnt seen the BM dresses but they have some gorgeous lace shruggs that I am considering getting for my flower girls, only £8 and seem good quality! bargain!!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I quite like the blue one, have no idea on quality but know my sisters are far to picky to be seen it Smiley sad they want straps

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Ive seen them and to be honest i dont think they are great quality.

Call me a snob aswel but i wouldnt like someone asking where they were from and then having to say they were from Asda (ill wait to be shot down in flames here haha)

EVERYWHERE has sales at hte moment - French Connection has some amazing dresses in there for £45 - i brought 2 at lunch.

New Look also has some gorgeous dresses for around £25 upwards.

I would try these and a few other shops on the high st - i know Coast also have a 75% off sale at the moment

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

hahahhahahahha I was waiting to see who the first would be ?

F*cker!! ?

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean Shoegal, thats one of my worries as well - think i would just lie!! The style is so similar to the Dessy ones we are looking at though which are over £200 each that you do wonder whether anyone would notice!

I know the highstreet have some good offers, I just worry the guests might turn up in the same thing!

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and go with Dessy, although with 4 bridesmaids......

• F
    Beginner July 2011
    Future Mrs M ·
    • Hide content

I managed to get my bridesmaids dresses for half price in the Monsoon Sale.

Have you tried there?

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is no way on earth i would pay the prices companies like Dessy charge for effectivly just a long bit of material.

Ive seen Dessy dresses and the Asda ones are prob made better!

If you have your heart set on this style and wont try the highstreet i would get hte Asda ones and pretend they were Dessy ?

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

That's really interesting, I've never seen a Dessy dress apart from the internet pictures but we're going tomorrow to try them on. I don't mind trying the high street, I just worry what would happen if a guest had the same dress. But if we buy them this year then we might be ok.

I think we might deviate our trip to Monsoon and some other shops tomorrow as well as the 'bridal' shops - we should get a good idea of whtas out there then and at what price.

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding where they were in Asda dresses. Couldn't tell the difference.

Shoey, go back to your Maggie ?

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dammit, you beat me to it!! ?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
  • M
    MissSapphire ·
    • Hide content

I haven't seen any dress of them live but I know someone who ordered online a dress and she was quite satisfied with what she got. I was looking fabulous on the picture Smiley winking maybe I can tell her to join the forum and then she could tell you.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

iv also seen pic of ones and they do look lovely! I would see if theres a return on them, and maybe order one for a look if nothing else, or can you buy them in shop?

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

Well, we managed to try the dresses yesterday and they were really nice. I don't think anyone would have known they were not high street dresses and they were much better quality than the Warehouse dresses we tried and were a third of the price.

Unfortunately, one of my BMs is quite a big size so they didn't fit her, otherwise I think we would have gone for them - def great for people on a budget!

• C
    Beginner December 2010
    car822499 ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought my flowergirl dresses from Asda. They're so lovely and a great price, plus it was the only place I could get the range of sizes I needed (3, 6 and 12 years) without spending a fortune. I spent so long looking and decided that as my wedding isn't until December I could take advantage of the 100 day money back guarantee if I saw something else later. I'm definitely not ashamed of saying that I'm on a strict budget and my flowergirl dresses are from Asda, my bridesmaid dresses are from Monsoon but from ebay and my dress is from a sample sale. All dresses are in mint condition though and excellent quality!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics