Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christmas Bride 2012

Asda Wedding cake anyone ??? x

Christmas Bride 2012, 6 June, 2011 at 12:01 Posted on Planning 0 10

I was going to spend money on a lavish wedding cake or have cupcakes with the cheapest price of nearly £300 , however a friend mentioned that her SIL had a asda cake that she bought in three different sizes then placed them together and decorated them with flowers , anyone had these? i have never heard of them , she said they were about £27 quid ?? xx

10 replies

Latest activity by Ibizalovin, 7 June, 2011 at 22:22
  • lilrach22
    Beginner July 2012
    lilrach22 ·
    • Hide content

I havnt tasted the cake but i have seen them and i am also considering them! Tesco do them aswell, The cakes r on boards to my mum said you would need pillars or a 3 tier cake stand (She used to make cakes for a living) and if your looking for decorations ebay do some lovely rice paper butterfly decorations, i think i searched butterfly cake decorations

x

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

Yes I googled and they are but i guess you could double stack them and cover with flowers? The medium sized cake is £10 . That is major savings ! xx wonder if anyone has one and deocrated it ? xx

• N
    Beginner August 2012
    Nervousbride ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married last year and bought a cake from marks and spencer and threw real flowers on top of them. Looked gorgeous! X

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    traciehavard ·
    • Hide content

Ive tried the cake it was nice, not a lot of filling inside though, marks and spencers for a small medium large and extra large 88 pound, we actually found the woman going our cake on facebook, 160 and its 5 tier and gorgeous, would not pay 300 for a cake its way to much x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had an M&S cake... it was shallow but more than enough cake. We had ours on a 3 tier stand so it gave the impression of a taller cake...

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your replys, im going to look at all of them, tesco , marks n sparks etc .... i think its quite exciting to decorate your own, Im having a christmas winter theme so will look for berry etc xx

• D
    Beginner August 2011
    daisydooberry ·
    • Hide content

I have brought my cakes from tesco. I have 3 stacked on top of each other. I know you're supposed to use dowels and pillars, but Im not.

I had a play about with mine today and am actually very pleased.

I am going to get a cake topper for it, but it did look good with just flowers placed on top and a ribbon tied round each layer.

All for £20 or thereabouts!!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I like shallow cake. I always make a mess with really deep cake.

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

How long can you keep em, i mean how long can you play about with em before the big day lol xx

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

I'm also keen to know how long they last as Im going to Ibiza a week before the wedding... will they be ok if they remain unopened or cut? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics