Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Baroness
Beginner July 2012

Ash Court Care Home

Red Baroness, 23 April, 2012 at 09:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

Saw this on the news this morning and was nearly in tears. I really dread to think what goes on in some places without relatives' knowledge. Apparently the worst clips feature on Panorama tonight, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it.

10 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 23 April, 2012 at 16:50
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Ive just read about it online about that poor lady. Makes me sick that people are that twisted in the head to abuse the elderly.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Awful isn't it. My dream is to afford a house with a 'Granny annexe' and be able to afford carers myself.

We had to move my grandad to a new home a few years ago because they weren't feeding him properly and he wasn't happy. Sadly this situation on top of his general health and mental wellbeing meant he died after only a month in the new home.

There should be much greater regulation and inspections.

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

It is disgusting.

I felt sick when I saw this on BBC News this morning.

I cannot help but wonder, how many other cases like this there are up and down the country, which are not yet known about.

• A
    Beginner October 2014
    Afra254 ·
    • Hide content

That poor, poor lady - this could be any of us in 50 years time. That 'carer' should be absolutely disgusted with himself and sent to prison for what he's done.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely VILE!

I remember watching a documentary once where they were showing numerous elderly people being abused in care homes. One woman was held down while the "carers" poured talcum powder in her mouth. It was absolutely heartbreaking. I cannot fathom how anyone could be so evil.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my God, that's absolutely wicked.

My Grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's before she died and was in a care home for a few years. I think the care she received was alright, but I hate to think that if it hadn't have been, she wouldn't have been able to say anything due to her condition. They do send people round to check out care homes, but the visits are planned which completely defeats the purpose of them in my opinion.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Presently we, as a family, are working very hard to keep my grandmother from going in to a care home. It's becoming more and more difficult to care for her in her current situation and seeing news like this only makes our discussions regarding her more heartbreaking.

It's just dreadful and it's awful to think that is could well be replicated across the country.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I have worked in a couple of care homes when I was a student and I have never ever seen anything bad. I can't fathom how anyone could even contemplate some of these things

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My first job was working in a care home and I never saw anything like this either. The carers were all lovely.

Having said that they used to smoke.. a lot... around food etc and I found it disgusting. Obviously that's not allowed now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics