Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
Beginner September 2025 Fife & Angus

Asking bridesmaids to help...

Holly, 2 of January of 2024 at 13:37 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1

Hello All,

I'm very early in my wedding planning so haven't officially asked anyone to be part of my bridal party yet. At the moment I would love to have 6 people in my bridal party (My niece, future SIL, my cousin (junior bridesmaid) and 3 close friends).

I really don't want to remove anyone from this as I love them all dearly and can't imagine them not being part of my bridal party, but looking at costs of dresses, flowers, gifts, hair and makeup... it's starting to worry me about whether we can actually afford it on top of everything else.

I'm wondering if anyone has paid for bridesmaid dresses and makeup and then said that if they (bridal party) would like their hair done then they would need to pay for this themselves? Or asked bridesmaids to contribute to anything? I'm very chilled in terms of how they would like their hair/makeup and what dress style they want - I would just want them to feel comfortable.

Any advice would be so appreciated and also if anyone has examples of what they've said/written to ask their bridal party about this - this would be great!

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPurpleFlowers85794, 10 of January of 2024 at 09:59
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello!! I have 6 bridesmaids and yes the costs can add up. HOWEVER, I’ve managed to keep it very low. I would recommend looking at dresses immediately because they’re all in the sale. I got mine in the sale with the cheapest being £20 reduced from £50 and the most pricey at £50, I ended up spending £30 average on each of them. (This is because for the 6 girls I’m having 3 different dresses, so 2 of them will be wearing the same things) I’m having different shades of blue.

I bought hair pins of Amazon in bulk (£10) and bought them a gift bracelet each (£10) from etsy. They’re buying their own shoes, I just said gold but they were all happy to do this - everything was chatted through with them beforehand to see what they were happy with etc. I’m doing my own makeup so they were happy doing theirs and that’s cut down the cost by hundreds. Again, everyone is doing their own hair because I just wanted it down and curled, something simple they can all do.
    Flowers, I’m doing calla lillies- buying them in bulk and giving them 5 each with a long ribbon. Will again save hundreds.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics