Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2017

Asking Mum to walk me down the isle..

Sept2017Bride, 26 of January of 2016 at 12:25 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi, i'm new to this and just wondering if anyone can advise at what point to officially ask my Mum to walk me down the isle please?

3 replies

Latest activity by 038813m, 31 of January of 2016 at 00:57
  • L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, welcome to hitched. If you've already decided that your mum walking you down the aisle is definitely what you are doing, then theres no time like the present! It will probably make your mum really happy. If there is a chance you'll change your mind, then don't ask just yet. I asked my brother when we had only just got engaged and that was approx 16 months until the wedding.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi welcome to hitched. I agree if it's 100% definate then do it whenever you want to whether now or whether you arrange to take her somewhere special to ask. If you're not 100% sure then ask later. I'm sure she will be thrilled. I would be.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I asked my uncle before we even set a date... no time like the present Smiley smile

Beginner August 2016
    038813m ·
    • Hide content

I just dropped it into a general wedding conversation quite early on with my mum (but we did only started planning about 10 months before the 'big' day) and then waited for the reaction when she realised what I'd said...tissues WERE needed. I think it's made her think differently about what she wants to wear too so give your mum plenty of warning.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics