Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Honky
Beginner October 2013

Asking to be a page boy

Honky, 29 of May of 2012 at 07:20 Posted on Planning 0 8

I am having my 3 sisters as my bridsmaids, but want to include OH's massive family somewhere. His brother got his on/off girlfriend pregnant and the babe (a boy) is due in September. My wedding is next October probably so he will be 13 months.

Is this too young? I know he may not be walking but thought he could toddle between 2 of my sisters (or one could just carry him).

I need a nice way of asking her- any ideas? I thought about wrapping up a little bow-tie?!

Thank in advance!

8 replies

Latest activity by gee_gee, 2 of June of 2012 at 08:29
  • Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

I cant believe nobody bothered to reply to you. you may be able to get a quirky card of somewhere like moonpig asking the bump to be your pageboy lol!

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

My niece is kind of being a flower girl for us. However, she'll only be 17 months and can only just walk confidently so we've got her the same outfit as our actual flowergirl and a thank you present but don't expect her to do anything official.

I think it'd be nice for him to wear a little suit but I wouldn't make it a formal role. He might not even be able to walk at 13 months.

I think they'll appreciate you making "the bump" involved though.

HTH

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

Yeah thats not a bad idea I can have two then! I just thought I would ask her nicely because she's having a bit of a rubbish time at the moment, poor lovey is in hospital.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

Nawwwww Mrs A! I was really wanting a neice as a little flower girl, but other half's family only seem to have boys!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to put a downer on this but what concerns me here is the on/off relationship bit. Having a baby doesn't fix things, and they may well have fallen out again by the time of the wedding, which means unless you're friends with the mum personally, she might not want the little one involved.

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this but I would still ask as he is still your nephew. If his mum chooses not to allow him to be involved you have still done the right thing by your nephew. My nephew will be 17 months at our wedding but he's wearing a little suit and black converse!

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

I asked her last night, she was over the moon! She's just come out of hospital and I didn't really get chance to do it nicely- just came out with it! I said that she could help choose his little suit.

She and OH's brother are 'on' at the moment, and I understand that there may bit a bit of an issue if they split but I think that we get on well enough for that not to be a problem; I've told her that she is invited in her own right.

Thank you for all your suggestions- gracefly, I'm definatley getting him a little 'here comes the bride flag' (will help distract him through the 3 hour catholic mass lol!).

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to include a 13 month old in a wedding I would love to hear! XX

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, a 13 month old will be able to have very limited involvement.

Firstly, it's more than likely that he'll not be walking at 13 months (independently anyway). Based on my experiences with my son, and friends wil children of a similar age, the boys were 14-15 months for walking independently.

Secondly, he'll still be napping for a good few hours a day so bare this in mind - if your wedding is at nap time then you're going to have one grouchy little page. Add to this he'll get wriggly and bored for photos and won't be able to understand that he had to smile!

Finally, 13 months is a prime separation anxiety stage. He may well just want his mum just as you are saying vows etc, and if he wants his mum, NO ONE else will do.

Please don't think I'm trying to talk you out of it, as I think it's a lovely gesture, but I'm just trying to make you aware of the realities of a baby in the wedding party. My son is going o be 4 when we get married and I'm dreading what he's gong to be like!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics