Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

At what point do you take your veil off?

*Mini*, 15 March, 2011 at 18:11 Posted on Planning 0 10

I am such a goon when it comes to wedding related stuff. Im planning on having a birdcage veil alongside my side tiara but when do I take it off? I dont wear it through the afternoon reception do it? Do I have it on during the photos? So confused.

10 replies

Latest activity by kirstycat, 15 March, 2011 at 21:10
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You should be able to lift it back from your face during the ceremony and during the meal ( be a bit hard trying to eat with it down!!!) Then just pull it forward for pics if you want.

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    bit ·
    • Hide content

I am having cathedral length gown and am planning to keep it on all day to try and hide my heavy arms

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Im planning to do what trickers wanted I think and keep it on for the first dance. Then i'm whipping it off ready to boogie!!!!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could have chips or something and feed them through the holes...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what tradition is - but I think you'll figure out on the day what's best, if it's really comfy and your happy in it, there isn't a reason to take it off at all.

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't decided yet! I am having hair down so part of me thinks it will come off at the start of the wedding breakfast, but then I might want to keep it on as long as possible as for me it turns my whole outfit from "pretty dress" into "bride" ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Depends on how much it gets on my nerves throughout the day. I'll only get to wear a veil once in my entire life so I'm going to make the most of it! I imagine I'll want it off before all the dancing starts though.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I kept mine on until well into the evening reception, I didn't want to ever take it off. The hairdress was a tit with me and because she forgot where it was to be positioned within my curls she nearly stabbed my brains out by trying to get the veil comb through the kirby grips and by about 11pm my head was sore and it was a relief to take it out but I was so sad.

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a birdcage too and was thinking about this.

I think I will try and keep it on as long as possible - you can fold it back for the meal although I'm having mine nose length only so I should be able to eat etc with it on.

I'm going to ask my hairdresser to only slide it into my hair gently so I can easily remove it as and when I want to.

I don't think I'll want to remove it though!

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

I wondered about this. I'm not having a veil - just a big mad feathery fascinator - but I don't know when I should take it off either.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics