Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2011

Aubergine and gold I need your help.... inspire me ... !!

stephanieprime, 7 August, 2010 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 8

Its official, im a Ian Stuart bride!! I have the 'Calypso' dress! i have gone for taupe as it suits my skin tone....

But im strugeling to find a colour to go with it... first i had a eco themed wedding then yellow and black and now i quite like aubergine and gold, im quite a bold person and like lots of thoughtfull creative ideas but theres not a lot out there in this colour... is this colour comon???

what other oiptions do you think i have? Im also confused about centre pieces??? eeek theres sooo much to choose from and it has to be just perfect as it the biggest day in my life!!! pleassssse help any suggestions would be great!!!!!

Thanks steph xxx

8 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 18 August, 2010 at 08:06
  • W
    www.poesh.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on your dress Smiley smile lovely choice as if you didnt already know

aubergine and gold are bold and beautiful. there are loads of items out there do a quick google i am sure you will find some stunning things and sooooooooo much choice too.

A lot of companies can offer you their wares in your colours or theme so dont be afraid to ask if you cannot see.

Happy planning and goog luck.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

• S
    Beginner July 2011
    stephanieprime ·
    • Hide content

Woooowww thanks!!!thats really inspirational... love the flowers!!thank you so kind! xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

As the previous photos shows, aubergine callas are gorgeous! There is also Sweet William, Carnations and Chrysanthemums (don't dismiss them for wedding flowers as some of the unusual varieties are stunning in aubergine) and orchids. There is a useful website which lists all the flowers available for each month of the year in all of the colours available www.flowercouncil/org

• J
    Beginner October 2010
    janey2000 ·
    • Hide content

I am also an Ian Stuart bride but wearing a different dress in Taupe. I love the colour but when I tried it on felt it was a coffee colour, the swatch I have looks like a grey mushroom colour. I was told that anything bold would go with it so orgionally picked a raspberry colour but struggled to find a bridesmaid dress that suited my friend in that colour so it is not burgandy (but more of a purple than a red). I wouldn't have thought gold was the way to go with the taupe (more silver) but aubergine diffinatly would work. I did my own invites and got the paper from hobbycraft that matches the taupe really well. For table decorations they do some petals in mink which match really well.

• S
    Beginner July 2011
    stephanieprime ·
    • Hide content

Janey - wow!!! when do you get married? what drees did you go for ??? i know my swatch looks like a dirty cream!! i felt it was coffee too!! well i couldnt find any classy gold dresses and i have 6 older bridesmaids and gold only suits few!! your colour sounds nice! what centre pieces are you having??? or decoration?!?!? x

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

Aubergine and gold is a traditional classic mix. Just make sure you have an antique gold, not a super shiny chavvy gold.

• J
    Beginner October 2010
    janey2000 ·
    • Hide content

Stephanie - My dress is florentina and I get married on 16th October, hopefully the dress will arrive soon! I think aubergine will work really well with it but i'm not convinced on the gold. Why don't you match the taupe with it though. I am doing my own centerpieces (due to cost!). I brought some lovely vases from Ikea for something like £1.99 each. I got some stones which are grey/brown and cream to put in the bottom and am going to buy the flowers the day before. I'm still not 100% sure what flower but i think gerbera. They are cheap and you only need a few. It is hard to find taupe or burgandy flowers!!! For table decorations I have brought some petals in burgandy and mink but think I might use them in confetti cones. I also have some scatter crystals (but could only get them in hot pink) and metallic scatter hearts (but could only get them in bronze!). So my centrepeices and table decorations may be more brown and pink colours. Another colour i've seen that goes really well is this bright blue and broght pink, I love that... too late to change now ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Love this combination of colours here are a few ideas for you:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics