Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2024 South West London

August 24 brides… what are we doing ? 🤣

Tlo, 31 of October of 2023 at 19:53 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hey brides! What are we supposed to be doing 9/10 months before our weddings? I’ve ordered my invites, booked venue (which includes DJ, food etc) and picked my dress! What else should I be doing or is it too early to do anything else? Help!

5 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of December of 2023 at 20:57
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

My advice would be do as much as you can when you can, because as time gets closer you'll realise your to do list doesn't seem to get any smaller no matter how much you do 😂 it's one thing completed and 3 things added on at any given time hahaha x

• Emily
    Beginner July 2024 West Sussex
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

Hey! wahh I'm a little bit in the same position (although July 2024)! We will be sending invites through our Hitched website in January but until we know numbers, we can't decide on table set up (round or long) which means we can't do table plan etc etc.

I visited our venue today and have booked an appt at a local venue dresser for a couple of weeks time to discuss neon signs and chair sashes etc. I've also saved a load of DIY signage ideas (pallets) and I'm not on the hunt for a few pallets. Once I've got those I will probably do all the sanding and prep for those over the winter months. But other than that... I'm kind of in limbo. But also really excited and want to do stuff ha

Oh also, I'm now on the hunt for table decor and my own accessories for the day Smiley smile

Good luck and enjoy! x

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    Hiiii, I’m Aug 2024 bride and I’m stressing lol.
    Just booked venue, need to finalise catering and photographer.
    I have not been to a bridal shop to try on any dresses maybe I need to go soon. However I’m looking for something custom made and traditional so not sure going to bridal shop will help. We have opted out for digital invites (to save money) so that will be sent out next month. That’s how far I have gotten so far. 😂
  • Ashlee
    Beginner July 2024 East London
    Ashlee ·
    • Hide content

I'm July 2024!

So far I have the venues, registrar, transport between venues, band, photographer, flowers, dress, bridesmaid dresses, invitations booked and going out in Feb, on the day signage and being done in May, got our notice appointment booked in January!

Wondering what else I can get out of the way before May time and I think it might just be, groomsman suits (consultation booked for Jan), decorations for the reception, wedding rings and accessories for me!

I'm hyper organised haha, also sat in a limbo thinking I should be doing bits...

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Don’t worry I still don’t know what I’m doing either! 🥲🥲

Book as much as you can! And do as much as you can! It’ll make the closer month less stressy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics