Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MischiefMumma
Beginner August 2014

August Brides - Flowers.

MischiefMumma, 13 of January of 2014 at 15:55 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi ladies, as a fellow August bride, can I be so bold as to ask what flowers you are having at your wedding? I am struggling with flowers, I know what I like but not whether they're in season or not. If you could flash too that'd be great!!

Thanks - Debbi xx

8 replies

Latest activity by DrBuffles, 14 of January of 2014 at 09:23
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi Debbie - not sure if you saw my answer to your post earlier re your flowers:-

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/417314.aspx

Also if you look on The Flower Council's website this shows you what flowers are available and in what colours. Hope that helps - Brenda

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I wanted Peonies but due to them not being in season I'm having 'blousy', as my florist calls them, David Austin roses that look very similar.

I call them scruffy, but in a beautiful way!

PEONY

DAVID AUSTIN ROSE

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CraftyBride ·
    • Hide content

I may be able to help you Debbi, as I used to be a florist. I am getting married in August and I am having a bouquet of freesias, in pure white with a single butterfly in them, but there are loads of gorgeous flowers available at that time of year. What colours are you going for, and then I am sure I can advise on what will be around.

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Hi CB, we're having vintage-y colours, so pale powder pinks, pale sage greens and ivories. Think lace and pearl vintage but with Monopoly tables!! I really love Peonies but theyre not available, those roses that Dr Buffles flashed are stunning!!

Dr Buffles, those roses are beautiful!!

Debbi xx

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jo-jo1983 ·
    • Hide content

I am the start of aug and having silk hydrangeas and real gip. The bridesmaids are the same.
    Males are having thistle and gip

mother of bride is having a silk rose and real gip

I decided to go down the mix of real and fake as they cut down the cost and let me have flowers that i knew what exact colour they would be. also they don't wilt.

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

Peonies in August will depend how the season goes some years they are available some not, just depends, it is right at the end of the season for them so you can't be guaranteed colour or quality so its best to have other options in case they are not good or not even available. June is the optimum time for peonies.

David Austin roses are available all year round and have a range of colours. Your florist should be able to get them for you but they are very expensive!

https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

My florist did say it was possible to get them but she couldn't guarantee the exact shade as they are out of season. I'm only having one type of flower and the shade is important to sit properly with everything else which is why I decided against it.

I appreciate her being honest with me rather than indulging my inner bridezilla and me being disappointed on the day!

Depends how important shade is.

Sasha - your bouquets are lovely

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics