Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jenna1207
Curious August 2014

August Honeymoon Ideas!

jenna1207, 20 of January of 2014 at 15:58 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 7

Hey all,

We have just booked our wedding for 8th August in Cambridge, and are looking for a hot beach destination with some sightseeing for our honeymoon.Has anyone got any ideas?

I know the Caribbean and the Maldives etc is probably out at it can rain there at that time, so we may be restricted to Europe? We are looking to spend £3,00 with spending at the most!

Thanks

Jenna

7 replies

Latest activity by jenna1207, 18 of February of 2014 at 09:00
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MissFairytale ·
    • Hide content

Im having this problem to. I went travel agent and they said my best bet is aruba as it lays under the hurricane belt. My quote was 2k each so im still looking but haven't ruled it out. Barbados is also a good choice if you haven't been, But I went last year. I think I may just go back to mexico for like 10 days instead of 7 and hope for good weather lol. My sis went Greece for hers and liked it. Just remember to review your hotel as the travel agents pics are not always right. I wanted to go Bahamas but the hotel looks horrible on tripadvisor and there not cheapxx

• jenna1207
    Curious August 2014
    jenna1207 ·
    • Hide content

Hey there

We went to the travel agents and they suggested barbados too but pretty much half the days of the month can get rain, and I really don't want rain on my honeymoon!!

I think we are going to go for a weeks med cruise now instead and then do caribbean properly in Dec/Jean or whenever the weather gets better?

Really not sure! As long as I'm somewhere hot I'm happy!!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Me and HTB have booked our honeymoon in Tunisia, mainly because HTB love Star Wars and part of Star Wars was filmed there and you can go see the set on a two day trip which includes going to the sahara desert.

You can also swim with dolphins which we plan on doing too Smiley smile

We looked at The Caribbean etc but it's stormy season Smiley sad and we didn't fancy Greece or anywhere as we wanted somewhere different.

xxx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    spain202 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are getting married in Barbados on 6th August 2015. I know most people would say to go in our winter months. However my H2B dad is from Barbados and he goes out there yearly. He said that it is hot all year round, and even if it does rain, its not like the rain here. It will rain for a bit and then stop and be gorgeous. I must admit I thought we would end up going in December, but we love the fact that August is carnival time of the year there.

We are going to risk it, and if it rains we will have our ceremony indoors, rather than on the beach as planned. Either way, we will be in such a beautiful place and as we always planned to marry in Barbados, nothing, not even rain, could spoil our 10 days of bliss. I know its stressful as you want it to be perfect, but I think sometimes you have to take the risk, if its something you really want.

I suppose if I was getting married here, there would be more chance of bad weather (not just rain), so fingers crossed. Seems so far away, but its so exciting, I just want Christmas to be here, so we can get into 2015...lol. But I know I should not wish the rest of the year away...as planning and looking forward to it, does feel good.

Good luck with your choice! x

• BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

Egypt is a good bet, within price range and very hot! Recommend Taba, not Sharm.

we are doing mexico in November but I checked and it is still super hot and no rain warnings in August. Could look at that?

there is Tenerife, very hot that time and they have some lovely 5 star spa hotels

hope this helps xxx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Bahamas is a good caribbean island to visit in the rainy season. Even if it does rain, will only be for a short period of time a day. then will be really hot again!

• jenna1207
    Curious August 2014
    jenna1207 ·
    • Hide content

BOOKED THE HONEYMOON LAST NIGHT!

Decided to have a week of luxury in a 5 star hotel in Paphos, Cyprus ?

Planning on saving up to go away for 2 weeks to the Caribbean as well, when the weather is better early next year which should be good!

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics