Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner March 2015

Australian touches to British wedding

Heleng108, 28 of November of 2014 at 18:15 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi

my Australian fiancé and I are getting married in uk next March and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of Australian touches we can add we are struggling to think of anything.

Thanks

helen

6 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 6 of January of 2015 at 09:32
  • L
    Beginner September 2016
    lpcr ·
    • Hide content

How about naming the tables after cities and towns or places of interest ( sorry my Australian knowledge is not very good) or evening famous Australian people perhaps ?

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Hi what sort of wedding/venue are you having? The obvious ones to me are an Aussie-style BBQ for the evening, rather than a buffet, or if you are having an afternoon tea instead of a sit-down meal you could include lamingtons. Or could you bring it into the cake design or centrepieces somehow?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

There's all sorts of possibilities, it depends on how 'obvious' you want to be, or if you want to keep it subtle.....

My cousin married an Aussie in the UK, she's a Yorkshire lass and so had a bouquet of white roses and eucalyptus to represent them both. They also had a little motif of a British Flag and an Aussie flag with the flag poles intertwined that went on their stationery (it was just tucked away in a corner, but not too obvious). Her H is a big sports fan so they made the green and gold of the national kit their accent colours. (Again just accents here and there)

Koala bear cake pops as favours would be cute and funny, I'd love it, but admit it's not very sophisticated so depends on the style of your wedding.

Aussie coins turned into tie pins or cufflinks for the guys?

Make sure all the wines on offer at the tables are Aussie brands?

Chuck in a few Aussie sayings into your invitations/order of service/signage if youre going for a light hearted approach- eg your menu choices would be 'tukker options' or your flip flop basket would be a 'thong basket' (sure to raise a few eyebrows!!)

my H and i now live in NZ and wanted an accent of our new home in our wedding. I had tied in our wedding colours screen printed with silver ferns for all the men in our bridal party. Hard to describe without sounding tacky but they were really nice and not too expensive, worked out at just under £25 per tie including delivery, so comissioned designs could always be an option.

Almost every element of your wedding can be personalised so the options are endless.

• H
    Beginner March 2015
    Heleng108 ·
    • Hide content

We were already planning on BBQ but hadnt made the aussie connection doh. Adding Kangeroo steaks to the normal stuff for australian touch and adding lamingtons to the dessert table. thanks

• H
    Beginner March 2015
    Heleng108 ·
    • Hide content

Going with the aussie wines and ecualyptus or ginko in the flowers. thanks for the help

• urbanbridesmaid
    urbanbridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

What about bringing back some sweets and chocolates as favours to the UK. Tim Tams always go down a treat, and they are quite difficult to get hold of here.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I have photographed quite a few Australian/British weddings in fact I have one next week but what I did notice at most of them was naming tables of cities and wines from Aussie brands, just a few that I can remember.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics