Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious December 2021 Somerset

Average cost for bridesmaids.

Claire, 3 of January of 2021 at 08:21 Posted on Planning 0 5
I’m getting married in December and want to know on average how much do people spend on there bridesmaids dresses, hair, make up, flowers, shoes. I have 3 adult bridesmaids, one junior bridesmaid and a flower girl. Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by AlanStoddard, 31 of August of 2021 at 09:42
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I have a quote for hair/makeup for £95 for adult bridesmaids and £30 for a flower girl. I am making my own bridesmaids’ outfits so I can’t comment on that, But my bridesmaid dress for my brother’s wedding I know is £115 (but I think there may be a discount). We are in Surrey, so top price in terms of location, so I would say £200 for an adult bridesmaid is a sensible (high!) cost. You could certainly find lower priced dresses, and possibly lower priced hair and make up if you are not in the South East! That said, there are a lot of hair and makeup stylists who charge a lot more if you are in a high cost area! Hope that’s helpful.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m London based and have 3 adult bridesmaids the pricing is as follows per bridesmaid: dresses £65 from the high street (though I got them in the sale for £19), hair styling £65, flowers £70. They are doing their own makeup but I was quoted £65 for that.

I’d say expect to pay around £260 but you might save some coins if you get dresses in the sale/ do own hair and makeup/create own bouquets etc.
    Good luck with planning
  • T
    Curious April 2022 Cumbria
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content

I am paying around £80 per bridesmaid for hair and makeup. I have found the price of dresses to be the most variable factor. Designer dresses such as the Dessy range are between 180-250 per dress, but as the above poster pointed out there are lots of nice options on the high street for much less. That's where I'll be looking I think!

• C
    Curious December 2021 Somerset
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh cool thank you. The thing is I don’t mind paying the money but just seems a waste when you spend so much on a dress that they will never wear again,
  • L
    Curious September 2021 West Midlands
    Luxuriousgoldhair63616 ·
    • Hide content
    £36 each for dresses. They can wear their own shoes as it's only for the day (we change for evening) and want them to be comfortable. £20 each on jewellery. I'm making their bouquet from artificial flowers but it'll be about £20 each. I paid deposit for their hair and make up, happy for them to have different styles so they'll pay rest. That was about £50 total. I'm also getting them gifts and bits n bobs so £30-40 each on that. Finally I got them hair vines which was £20 each.

Total then is around £140-150 each for 3 bridesmaids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics