Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

Awful Christmas tree in ceremony room!

Km86, 1 of December of 2022 at 11:12 Posted on Planning 0 2

Our venue has a beautiful Christmas tree in the main hallway area, its decorated with warm white lights and gold decor, which fits our colour theme, when we chose the venue 2 christmases ago we loved it. they had no tree in the room where we will get married. that was fine.

last year, we visited at Christmas time to show our Mums the venue, again, beautiful tree in reception, no tree in ceremony room.

Our wedding is in 1 week and yesterday our wedding coordinator from the venue sent me photos of the Christmas decor, beautiful tree in hallway again - and a MONSTROUS tree in the room we have our ceremony in. its awful. its got the cool/blue white lights on and is decorated silver when the room is creams/golds.

I've asked if we can redecorate this tree with warm white lights and gold baubles the day before the ceremony (they have agreed to us going then to do some other decor things) but she hasn't replied.

STRESS

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 2 of December of 2022 at 21:47
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would call them or even go over there. I would call out that they have not had one in the room before and that worked for you in terms of your day planned in the space, so to find one there now that won't fit your decor is disappointing. Personally, I would just ask them to remove it from the room the day before, this will save you the stress, time and cost of redecorating. They should be able to lift it to a storage area and then put back after your wedding.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with Charlotte. Definitely go down and see if you can have a chat with somebody and a solution can be made. Do you have a venue stylist who is external? They could do something to alter it, should the venue allow - which ideally they should especially when they gave you no forewarning. Just be thankful you visited again before your big day. Try not to stress x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics