Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharding2014
Beginner October 2014

Awkward moment in Primark

kharding2014, 15 of March of 2014 at 13:14 Posted on Planning 0 9

So I went into Primark this morning to browse and ended up buying a ton of flip flops for my flip flop basket. I got to the checkout and the guy asked me why I was buying flip flops. I told him for my wedding, he then asked if I was getting married on a beach and when I said no he looked confused and I had to explain what a flip flop basket was... he didn't get it.

He then pulled out 3 pairs of matching PJ's. I had to explain that they were for my bridesmaids and the awkwardness continued.

I've just got home and OH is looking at me like I'm mad. He thought they were all for me and is now fretting about where we will store them!

x

9 replies

Latest activity by FHB, 16 of March of 2014 at 09:04
  • mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha that really made me chuckle. It's bad enough when I have to explain my random purchases to my OH but to have to explain them to the guy at the checkout... ?!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Hahah we had something like this a while ago when we were buying logs!

We bought a pallet full of logs to recreate something like this

The guy asked us if we already had an axe so we could cut them up for firewood. We told him they weren't for fire wood, they were for our wedding. He looked so confused, made his excuses and left. He obviously thought we were mad. Same thing also happened when we were buying a huge wooden castle for our desserts. You could tell the guy didn't know where to look when we told him that no, it wasn't for our children (we don't have any) and no it wasn't for nieces/nephews etc.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha.

There must be a fair few instances where brides and grooms are met with blank/confused expressions!

I had a similar thing when I was buying three matching dressing gowns. Think the woman thought I was bonkers.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

I bought 120 cream eggs from tesco online for our sweet table and used click & collect as it was free. I had to explain that they weren't all for me when asked who needs that many cream eggs, although I'm sure the guy was thinking 'yea, right!'

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Had a similar thing when i bought a ton of sweets at Wilko's, the old lady just politely giggled it away. still don't think she got want a sweet buffet was!!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I bought 20 litres of lemonade in Tesco's last week. It was on offer and we are supplying our own drinks.

Aside from that all I bought was 12 loo rolls and 4 pints of milk.

Noone said anything but I felt like a right weirdo loading botlle after bottle into my trolley and then onto the till

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? love this!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Haha; these are all really funny!

I often have to buy in bulk for school and get strange looks when I go through the till with copious amounts of the same thing; best so far was around 20 buckets of various shapes and sizes!

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

I had them same thing in primark with flip flops.... I went to the till and the women asked if I'd left any on the shelf, then she said 'ooo they are multi purpose you can wear them around the house or on the beach' I had 12 pairs in 3 different colours in 3 different sizes why would they be all for me?! Anyway I could tell she was fishing for the reason why I was buying them so I explained and she thought it was a good idea! But it did feel very awkward at first....

Then I had to explain to friends and family when they asked whether me and mum had brought anything from our shopping trip and we had to say 12 pairs of flip flops....

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

I had the same problem when we bought 80 creme eggs...some odd stares as we loaded the basket up. Then OH in his embarrassment felt the need to explain to anyone who would listen..lady in the queue, check out boy. And all the way round he just kept saying in a loud voice " at least that's the WEDDING favours sorted" lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics