Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2012

Ayrshire brides - hair and make up recommendations

rock-on, 24 April, 2012 at 16:13 Posted on Planning 0 20

I'm getting married this September and need to find someone / people to do hair and make up for me for me and hair for 2 bridesmaids and my mum. Everyone seems to have minimum limits of 3 people, which is fine for the hair, but I only want my make up doing.

Any recommendations be much appreciated!

20 replies

Latest activity by Jimmy Choux - Cakes for all occasions, 12 June, 2012 at 21:17
  • Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Hey where in ayrshire are you?

Im dumfriesshire but have family in ayrshire - think you are the closest i have found on here?

Are you needing someone to go to a venue or a shop for you to go to?

• R
    Beginner September 2012
    rock-on ·
    • Hide content

H2b is from Ayrshire, but we live in Surrey! We're getting married at Culzean Castle. I'm looking for someone to come to our hotel in Ayr...any suggestions?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Culzean castle would be lovely

I'll have a look and see

Ive not really searched for a hairdresser as i'm doing my own (im a hairdresser and dont see the point of paying someone to do it myself)

'll see if i can find anything.

Have you got all your other suppliers sorted?

• R
    Beginner September 2012
    rock-on ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree, why pay when you can do ur exactly as you want, for free Smiley smile

I think we are more or less sorted for on the day suppliers, just cake an ceilidh band to sort.

How are your plans coming along?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Couture bridal hair ****

No idea if any good but found this one

Search yell for mobile beauticians or make up artists in Ayrshire and see what comes up. If need be u couldmaybe book an early appointment at a salon to have this done?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

We are more or less sorted out - cake but think that sorted just waiting on her getting back to me

Our band is coming from ayr but they not a ceilidh band so cant help you with that.

dont envy you trying to sort a wedding out when you no where near where you getting married.

What date is your wedding? What kind of styles are you wanting for the hair?

• R
    Beginner September 2012
    rock-on ·
    • Hide content

Not sure re: hair yet...need to have a look through some magazines and see what I like.

Thanks for your help & good look with the planning!

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Your best bet is to find someone who can do hair and make up so your minimum numbers will be ok.

I can't personally recommend her work but I met a make up artist/hairdresser called Jennifer Peffer at a Glasgow wedding fair and she might travel to ayrshire. If you google her name then her website comes up, she's on facebook too.

Good luck

• Vampyrbuffy
    Beginner June 2012
    Vampyrbuffy ·
    • Hide content

Stardusts, they are based in glasgow but cover ayrshire. thats who we are using, they come to you for trials and to the venue on the day ?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MacD2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I am also getting married in ayrshire but haven't yet found someone for hair/make up. I am now having 4 bridesmaids and my mum so gonna be 6 of us, may be an expensive. Let me know how u get on x

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

I'm another Ayr bride? Also looking for someone for make-up. Culzean Castle is a lovely venue. MacD2013, where are you getting married?

• Vampyrbuffy
    Beginner June 2012
    Vampyrbuffy ·
    • Hide content

Should google stardusts. there is 5 of us for hair and make up, costing us £400. that includes hair trials for all and make up trial for me. Am in Irvine ?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Wow where did all they ayrshire people come from?

I was born in irvine, Live in Dumfriesshire now tho.

Dont think there is anyone on here close to me - think ayrshire is the closest.

• CIAPhotography
    CIAPhotography ·
    • Hide content

My wife used stardusts and she was stunning on our special day, so we always recommend stardusts!

We also recommend Jennifer Peffer and Sophie Edwards Hair and Makeup

Hope this helps you

• CIAPhotography
    CIAPhotography ·
    • Hide content

My wife used stardusts and she was stunning on our special day, so we always recommend stardusts!

We also recommend Jennifer Peffer and Sophie Edwards Hair and Makeup

Hope this helps you

• R
    Beginner September 2012
    rock-on ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for everyone's recommendations...I have trials for both hair and make up booked in with Brides to be and Helen McEwen, both also recommendations. I have also contacted Stardusts based on everyone's recommendation here, just not sure I can fit another trial in on the next weekend visit (trying to plan a wedding in Scotland when living in Surrey has its challenges)!

Thanks again for your help!

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Let us know how you get on. I'm still looking....

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Try Michelle over at http://www.sparkleboxbeauty.com/ she's based down that way and is lovely :-)

• R
    Beginner September 2012
    rock-on ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to let you know that I had my trials this weekend and am really pleased with my choices.

Bride to be Scotland for my hair. Maureen who owns the company is lovely, but busy on my wedding day. Lorna did my trial on Friday and tried a few different styles til we found the one that was right for me! I am really pleased she will be doing my hair on the big day!!

Helen Mcewan will be doing my make up...I told her the kind of think I was and wasn't looking for at the trial and she was able to do exactly what I was looking for.

Would totally suggest the above ladies for hair n make up...very friendly and most importantly great at what they do...can't wait to see them again on the wedding morning!!!

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MacD2013 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married at Burnhouse Manor in May 2013, am still looking for a make-up artist but not had any trials yet, work has been hectic.

Will have a look at these recommendations!

A x

• Jimmy Choux - Cakes for all occasions
    Jimmy Choux - Cakes for all occasions ·
    • Hide content

I'm making a cake for a bride with the initial 'A', who is getting married at Burnhouse Manor in May 2013. Are you she? Everyone is so anonymous online! lol

JC x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics