Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2015

Baa Baa Black Sheep. . .

kurzyn, 17 November, 2011 at 12:21

Posted on Off Topic Posts 37

So I was telling the girls at breakfast how I had discovered new ways to play with ds (on a thread here) and I was saying how I do sing to him. He loves baa baa black sheep, and I insert his name in the song, one for the master and one for DS and one for. . She said oh "apparently" its not baa baa...

So I was telling the girls at breakfast how I had discovered new ways to play with ds (on a thread here) and I was saying how I do sing to him.

He loves baa baa black sheep, and I insert his name in the song, one for the master and one for DS and one for. .

She said oh "apparently" its not baa baa black sheep anymore because its racist!!!!! She wasn't saying to me I cant sing that, just that thats not what the song is anymore.

So what is the song now, baa baa white sheep ?

FFS jesus there are sheep that are black WTF like, is nothing sacred anymore ?

Its not like im singing , Ini Mini miney Mo, catch a . . . .

37 replies

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

But your husband is a policeman. I think what Pocahontas meant was that when we talk about a police officer in general we tend to say 'policeman' when in fact they may actually be a 'policewoman'. So they should be referred to as a 'policeperson' unless talking about a specific gender as that term is more correct and less presumptuous.

• catarina
    Beginner
    catarina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope, should be police officer. Police person is utterly ridiculous. And we still make gingerbread men at school. As that is what the story is about.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Agree that it should be police officer and that police person is a bit silly.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well yes.

I don't know who decides to take offence to these kind of things. It is absurd.

You'll be telling me you're allowed to sing Christmas Carols next ?

• catarina
    Beginner
    catarina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are. It's shocking ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics