Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2011

Babies and seating

c64girl, 25 January, 2011 at 23:59 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello there,

Wondering if anyone could help me. My wedding is in September and I'm trying to finalise the guest list and such. I have a 7 year year old daughter so am more than happy to invite children. The question I have is about babies, many of my friends have ( or will have by then!) babies a good few who will be under one. Do I have to allocate them a proper place at the table with chair if they are under 12 months? It's quite a small venue and it's getting quite full, my freinds and family need to have more cold showers!!

2 replies

Latest activity by Babybee12, 26 January, 2011 at 18:39
  • mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

I know most venues would say yes but speak to them first and the parents. I'm only having four kids at my wedding nephews/neice in the wedding party. All my other guests are happy to be able to have a day away from them.

Children are classed as one place, as the older ones sit on seats and babies they have to remove one chair for a highchair.

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you should speak to your friends first because i have a 2 year old and when he was under 1 if he wasnt in the pram a meal involved passing him 2 each other 2 keep him amused and i personally wouldnt have wanted that hastle at a wedding, when they r running round and funny wee charachters parents r happy 2 bring them but i think rather than speaking to the venue ask the parents what they think first....if they r 2 small for a high chair then the parent will be having a very stressfull meal, u have a child so prob had this 2 but its just fresher in my memory lol xx

• B
    Beginner October 2010
    Babybee12 ·
    • Hide content

I would strongly suggest that the babies will need to be allocated a place. Babies tend to go into high chairs from 6 months (but usually earlier) and therefore will require a place at the table. If they're too small for a hc, they'll still need room for their car seat/bumbo or pushchair. We had a 3 month old at ours and we still allocated him a place so he could be next to his mum in his car seat or pushchair. If you don't allocate spaces for them, what do you propose the parents do with them? It's unrealistic to expect them to sit with the children on their laps, especially when they're trying to eat hot food on (hopefully) hot plates. It will make the reception very stressful and difficult for them.

If you're still unsure then speak to the venue and see what their norm is. Bear this in mind when doing your table plan as they'll need to know where to put the high chairs or leave a space for push chairs, you'll also need fewer chair covers if you're having them.

You shouldn't need to provide uner 1's with a meal as they can probably share their parents' or the parents will bring them something - but check with the parents first!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics