Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Babies on Table Plan

Moonbeam88, 5 of July of 2016 at 14:19 Posted on Planning 0 14

Do you include babies on the table plan? I'm ordering my place settings and just made me think if I need to set a place for a baby or if you assume they are in a pushchair??? What has everyone else done about this? Children 2+ get a meal so I've included them but babies wont be getting a meal.

xxx

14 replies

Latest activity by Bobbys_Girl, 6 of July of 2016 at 13:33
  • kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

My thoughts would be to include them. Even if they're not sitting on a chair to eat a meal they will still have to go somewhere - in a pushchair or highchair/booster seat on the main chair - near the parents, so will need a space

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

We have been told to put everyone down, and to specify whether a highchair or space for a buggy is required.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I agree. Slow them a proper place otherwise it cramps all the adults up. That way their pushchair or highchair can fit right up next to parent.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I got told off for asking this question as couple of months ago, haha.

I have given the only baby a place setting at our wedding, and will be double checking with the venue that they provide high chairs.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

We did, we had 4 small children/toddlers and 1 baby put the children in a different colour* as they were having the children's meal, and the baby in a different colour so they knew where to put the highchair they said they'd provide, which they didn't initially put out ? we also put the family with the baby on the table with the most amount of space behind them so they could leave the pram there if they wanted to.

Edit: * on the seating plan for the venue.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Yup, we have one child who is under 2 and isn't eating, but is having a high chair put out. In terms of table plans, treat them like an adult but just don't put out plates etc Smiley smile

As an addition to the above poster who put the baby with space behind the table, we've also put that table closest to the door so if they need to go outside with her, they've got easy access to do so.

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

I have a question about this and am genuinely curious, I am not making trouble.

Why do children under 2 not get fed?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have children so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that children under two would eat a children's meal. I think their parents would bring their food as they probably 1) don't eat much and 2) would still have some milk?

I'll have two five year olds which will get a chair near to their parents and two two year olds who I will allocate high chairs to X

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

The venue said that children under two generally don't eat the children's meal, which is £40 per head so we followed their suggestion! Two of the three are newborn (literally born in the last fortnight, we get married in august this year) so will still be on bottles. One will be 18 months and i'm guessing they will get a plate and eat bits off parent's plates? We are having a sit down BBQ meal with salads, breads and rustic potato wedges which will be on the table for guests to help themselves to so there will be some potato/chicken for them to suck/eat. I don't have children so am not being funny with this I genuinely have no idea what an 18 month old eats????

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this probably depends on a couple of things- how much under two they are. My neice will be around 7 months, and has starting eating some solid foods, but nothing like a meal, so getting her one would be a bit pointless. This is coming from my sister not me- my sister said she will sort her out (so probably bring some baby food to go along with her bottles).

I also think it depends on if the venue have rates for certain ages. We are lucky in that we have an adult price, an under 12 price (half the adult price) and then under 5's are free.

Someone I know who is getting married has children charged at exactly the same rate (I think it was £30) than the adults, which I would be wary of paying for someone who ate so little. Normally, parents will offer first and say they will sort it Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content

As a parent make sure that all parents with children under 2 know that their child won't be getting fed.

We recently went to a wedding with our 4 year old and 18 month old, The 4 year old got a childrens meal but nothing was provided for our 18month old little boy, which I wasn't aware of, so H2B had to make a mad dash to the garage over the road and I ended up missing the meal as I sat out in the lobby feeding him a cheese sandwich because I didn't want to embarrass the bride by taking it in,

I couldn't give him my meal as it was salmon and I always worry about bones.

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

Like I said, I wasn't trying to start a argument or anything, was just genuinely curious. Obviously under 6 months I would completely not expect my child to be fed (he was on the breast only until then and my eldest was only on bottles), then until 1 he had finger foods which I would probably take along with us. We had an invite to a wedding we went to last week where the child meal was for 3+ so I text the bride and asked what we should do for our 2 and a half year old, she said if we felt he would eat a meal then order one, we ended up not taking him anyway so it didn't matter but a few under 3s had a proper meal.

For that kind of meal then my child would have been happy under 2 to have the wedges and other bits from the sharing bits on the table.

I hadn't thought about this and feel I need to now lol.

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really feel that is disgusting to have not been told beforehand and to just leave your child sat there without a meal while everyone else was served. I would have taken the cheese sandwich in but then, I am a bit of a cow! ??

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely this!

I have 6 under-2's coming (6!). 3 of them are eating, and 3 of them aren't. I assumed my niece wouldn't have a meal because she'll only be 11 months but she'll chomp her way through most things already so I'm glad I checked. Fortunately our caterers don't charge for the under-2's that are eating so I'm assuming they will get a smaller version of the children's meal.

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes, meant to add, definitely this too. There is a bit difference between a just one year old and a nearly two year old so worth letting them know.

I wold never mind my child not being fed as long as I knew beforehand and could prepare for it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics