Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2025 Norfolk

Baby Drama

Sophie, 1 of April of 2023 at 09:39 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 4
I have found out today that my MOH is pregnant - I am OVER THE MOON for her.. however.. This will be another person we need to add to our daytime guest list.

Myself and my fiance both have separated parents, and only 80 people can fit in the first half of our day (ceremony/meal etc). As it is, some of our aunts/uncles/cousins aren’t able to come all day due to tight numbers. We have friends that we see more regularly than them, so that’s not an issue anyway. But we’ve planned our guest list and have already reached the 80 people. There’s an additional £120 per person over this number, and nobody else we can possibly cut from the list to be able to fit in her child.
Would it be awful of me to ask her to leave her year and a half old child (at the time) with her parents for 2 nights? As we have rooms booked for all the bridalparty for 2 nights at the venue. Or, if not, can she cover the cost of the additional guest? We fully appreciate some of those 80 people may not RSVP or even be able to make it, but that’s where we plan to move more family from the evening list to the day.
HELP!!!

4 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 13 of April of 2023 at 15:56
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

Have you asked your venue what age counts as a guest? If you are paying £120 for them to eat, drink and have their own place setting laid out, then I wouldn't say an 18month old would count because they won't need all that.

If it's not clear in your contract then I would ask your venue what's the minimum age for a guest when it comes to our package. You may be worrying for nothing.
  • Emily
    Dedicated February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    We had a couple of babies which weren't charged for as they were too small and the parents came with milk and baby food. Def check with venue, but I would hope they wouldn't count.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would be very surprised if the venue would charge extra for a child of that age, or make a fuss about space, so before talking to MOH, I would talk to the venue.

• S
    Beginner October 2024 Gwynedd
    Steph ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't think the venue would charge for an extra place in all honesty. From a perspective of a MOH last June who had a 2 and a half year old, I stayed 2 nights with the Bride without my child ( was a single mother at the time, so didn't have her father who would have come and been with her). My daughter stayed with grandparents for the 2 nights. I'd deffo give them the option though. Being a MOH I wanted my full attention to be on the Bride throughout the day, I also wanted to eat myself and not be feeding my child and be running around after her as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics