Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M

Baby name Pearl?

meinster, 9 February, 2012 at 13:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

Hi, still stressing about baby names and due in 3 weeks, eek!! had Pearl picked for a middle name after my Granny, DH thinks its too "off the wall" for a 1st name and the child would get mocked in school etc but we cant really agree on a 1st name, I'd still love to use Pearl as a 1st name so just wondering do you all think its weird? or bullyable? or if you think its better left as a middle name? Thanks everyone

PS we have 10 names on a list for girls TBD when we meet bub but I dont love any of them!!

15 replies

Latest activity by Missus S, 10 February, 2012 at 11:01
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Its up to you, it is your baby but I think if you are asking the question then you are not sure yourself.

I think its a nice middle name

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I really like the name Pearl.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

It's not my cup of tea, but I don't think it's off the wall. If you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I've picked Bluebell for a middle name of we have a girl and the few people I have mentioned it too have pulled a face. I couldn't give a sh!t, I'll call it what I want.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

If the time ever comes for us, we won't be telling anybody our name choices until after they are born. Very unlikely that anyone would have the balls to make a comment then. To our face anyway.

MIL still refuses to call H's niece by her name as she doesn't like it and insists on calling her 'little one' 14 months later.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Lovely name but you might be better off posting in Baby Talk to discuss baby names.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I'm not a fan.. but it's your child, your choice. Besides, I've heard much worse... I'd much prefer having the name "Pearl" to "Apple" ?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I don't love it but I don't hate it either!

But it is your child and no-one elses, you have what you want!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I know a couple who's little girl is called Pearl its a lovely name.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My EX-Friend has recently told my other friend that the name she has called her son is horrible and that she should change her mind asap before they register him. @rse.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

As long as your surname isn't White ?

If your husband doesn't want to name your child Pearl as a first name, then don't. Having it as a middle name is a good compromise in my opinion. She's his child too. Although you will be pushing her out of you, so perhaps you get more say!! Haha.

People often say that when your child arrives you might have a better idea of what might suit him/her. My dad had a name picked out for my brother but when he arrived they changed their minds as he didn't look like the name.

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

Blooming love it, it's one of my favourites, and would definitely be a contender should we ever be blessed with a daughter in the future.

I say go for it. It's much nicer then most of the popular girl's names today.

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

I think it's lovely. Does make me think of the Elkie Brooks song - Pearl's a singer though!

I quite like names that are a little unusual. I think it can give the someone a little individuality IYKWIM.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I think it is simply beautiful.

What's nice about it is that everyone recognises it as a name, can spell it without asking, yet it is still very rare. Names like that are hard to come by!

• K
    kaiter200 ·
    • Hide content

MIL still refuses to call H's niece by her name as she doesn't like it and insists on calling her 'little one' 14 months later. Report Abuse Quick Reply

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Love it. Classic but unusual

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics