Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali_G
Beginner October 2012

Babyliss Big Hair

Ali_G, 5 February, 2013 at 09:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

Cannot recommend this product enough - it's ruddy fabulous.

My hair is long and thick and is pretty darn heavy, so even after endless back-combing, by the end of the day, my hair is flat and limp.

Was out with some friends on Saturday night, and one of the girls had gorgeous big volumous hair. She told me it was because she'd used Babyliss Big hair. Well, I bought it yesterday and it's bloody amazing. I didn't even need to straighten my hair to get the frizz out. My hair is shiny and bouncy and I look like a film star - well, sort of, I *do* still have a pleb's face.

Anyway, if you want big hair and don't want to spend hours at the salon getting it, I'd buy this. It's £50 on Amazon, but Curry's have got it for £35 at the moment.

16 replies

Latest activity by Knees, 5 February, 2013 at 16:53
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I have heard fab things about this. Might ask for one for my birthday, would it work on hair that is shoulder length?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I would think so LP. My hair is just past my shoulders and it works on mine.

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

You little beauty! I've been after something that would work for my hair so I've gone and ordered it following your review. It sounds exactly like what I need. Cheers Ali_G!!

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

These things scare me as they seem huge. I saw a variety of hair styling things in Boots at Christmas and the all looked huge!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Does it tame long, thick, frizzy hair that looks like a clown if left normal? I have this hair and worried if I used it will give more volume?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Two ways, you can either leave your hair to dry naturally, or you can semi-blow dry it first. You can't use this product from sodden wet hair, because it just wont work, your hair has to be just damp. It sure is one of those brush & dry thingies together, but this one has a button that you can press to rotate the brush as it dries.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely. Without styling, I could give Wurzel Gummage a run for his money. My hair today looks smooth & shiny. In fact, give me a minute and I'll take a picture to show you.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Photographic evidence. Scuse the pout, I don't do smiling very well.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Nice one! ? going to currys at lunchtime

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

This sounds like the answers to my hair prayers!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

I googled it then clicked shopping reuslts and found an ebay seller who does it for a few quid less including p&p and it's already dispatched! Seller is starbuy_electrical if anyone wants it

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Does anybody who's expressed an interest in buying this have fine hair? Mine is long but really really thin and fine, I can't get volume in it with products as it then looks either dull or greasy and weighed down, back combing doesn't agree with it either!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

I have Babyliss big hair and fairly fine shoulder length hair - i bought it dreaming of having big volumous hair rather than all the backcombing I do. It sort of worked on my hair and def makes it look like it has been proffessioanlly blow dried. However on my friends hair (long thick and wild!) it transofrmed her hair - it looked amazing when she used it i was slightly jealous! She went and bought it as well.

I recommend it even if your hair isn't so thick as it makes it look really healthy and shiny and a bit more volumous but it really really works on thicker hair.

Ps Make sure your hair is just slightly damp before using it or it's a nightmare!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

This is one of those things where I'd love to "try before you buy"!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics