Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2015

Back Fat

mrsh2b89, 20 of June of 2015 at 15:38 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi!

I put a deposit down on my dress back in august last year, have my first dress fitting booked for 8th July. I've had an accessory appointment at the dress shop this morning. Dress fitted perfect (I was stressing it wouldn't do up) but I have back fat! Has anyone got any ideas to how to try and get rid of it? I don't go to the gym or anything so it would need to be exercises that could be done at home.

Thanks!

11 replies

Latest activity by Aspenlady, 21 of June of 2015 at 23:01
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately you cant target where the fat will burn off from. If you exercise, it will come off from all over (or in my case, boobs, tummy then hips in that order!). Toning the area might help a bit, but if there is fat ontop of the muscles, it wont do much.

Can you have the top of the dress taken out a bit so its not so tight, or go on a general diet and watch what you eat?

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

30 day shred. The only time I have ever in my life had a flat stomach was on my wedding day and it was the shred that did it. There are quite a few back exercises in it too. But you must do it every day (but it is only 30mins including warm up and cool down!) It can all be done in your front room and it is much more effective if you eat sensibly at the same time.

Google it and buy the DVD. It used to be on YouTube but Jillian's people must have taken it down.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've got the 30 day shred but I'm not sure when to start it..... now or 30 days before the wedding.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did it for the whole of January, then stopped for a couple of weeks, then picked it up again but got a bit bored so bought the 'ripped in 30' DVD which is also good but with more variety of exercises. Our wedding was at the beginning of April. You could do it now to see if you like it first, then do it again nearer the time?

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

Start as early as possible and just keep going. I think she's done other dvds you could buy for when that one's finished xx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys I'm going to start it tomorrow. Ive heard about the ripped one so will try that too =) I've got her Kettlebell work out which I love but got bored after a couple of months.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

I have this exact issue...dress fits like a glove, but I have back fat!!

get some hand weights and focus on upper back exercises to tone it Smiley smile

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

As Teal said, you cannot spot reduce problem areas.

You can certainly do isolated exercises with weights but this will build muscle which will burn fat in the process but may end up more "bulky".

Try doing compound exercises rather than isolated exercises, ie, use more of your body. Using more of your body will result in the loss of more body fat. When you reach your goal then introduce more isolated exercises to tone up.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsMsoontobeA ·
    • Hide content

Hi mrsh2b89,

I had a review at the gym yesterday as I am worried about having a little bit more fat on my back and shoulders that I'd like - I know this is where I carry fat anyway. Rather than concentrating on lifting weights for my arms they have told me to concentrate on a leg programme since this is the bigger muscle group and will burn fat more efficiently. And there was I in the gym religiously concentrating on my arms.

They also gave me some nutritional advice so fingers crossed I will have shifted what I'd like to lose.

It's really frustrating isn't it?

Good luck

Jo x

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    mrsh2b89 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry if my post has made you self conscious but there's no need for you to really worry about this until you have found a dress. My big problem was because when I went dress shopping the sample dress fitted me perfectly so it was the size ordered. I must have put a couple of pounds on since then hence why I have the back fat now - I didn't have it 10 months ago. If you buy a dress that isn't strapless then any back fat wouldn't matter anyway.

Regarding it not being important it is important to me. I spotted it straight away yesterday and I keep looking at a photo of it on my phone. I will feel so self conscious on my wedding day if the back fat is still there.

Thank you to everyone that has took the time to comment. Slimming world normally works for me when I diet so I'm going to start that a week tomorrow (can't really start this week as I'm out a bit this week as it's my birthday on Tuesday). My friend goes to a HIT class once a week so going to tag along with her to that.

mrsmsoontobea - how weird!! I presumed I'd need to do something with kettlebells or weights to try and tone whilst I diet!

i-go-by-many-names - thank you! I'm going to order this now - I will try anything and everything!

Thank you again to everyone that has taken the time to post Smiley smile

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Although you haven't given it a thought, others including myself have. I don't want to to feel self conscious of back fat on my wedding day, so I'm going to do something about it. That's my business and my decision, not for you to have an opinion on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics