Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2010

Back fat in my dress?

Catherine21, 27 March, 2010 at 17:08 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi I had my second fitting today and whilst I love the way it swishes now that the length has been altered I have looked at the picture of the back of the dress and am concerned that it makes my back look fat? I have 5 weeks to go and if I lose a few more pounds do you think that would make it look better or does that happen to everyone? Am panicking now...

15 replies

Latest activity by brideseekingblush, 29 March, 2010 at 11:00
  • fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

I think that's just what happens when your dress is laced nice and tight. The lady in the shop told me a trick where you just get a friend to put their fingers in behind the dress both together in the middle and then spread them apart so it sits across the whole of your back after being pinched together.

I'm wearing a bolero though.

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I have the same problem. I hope to shift a few pounds but I'll get my Mum and CBM to do some rearranging when they're doing my dress up!

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Its annoying that is because its very hard to get rid of. Dress looks beautiful, hmm maybe I should consider a bolero..

x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Does it need to be laced up so tight right at the top? Even if it was a tiny bit looser it might help.

Back fat is just a down side to corsets unfortunately. I had the same problem but I lost a stone and it helped although there are a few pics that I still hate because I can see a small fatty part.

x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I think its just one of these things as the dress has to be laced so tightly. I felt the same after my fitting but was going to ask the girls on the day to not lace the very top just as tight so I didn't get that 'fat hanging over' thing.

Might use FF's tip - thats for that mrs!!!!

• B
    Beginner
    babybay24 ·
    • Hide content

You just need to loosen the top of the dress a bit. As long as its nice and tight on your waist it'll stay up. Beautiful dress, makes me want to get married again!

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Not really obvious in this pic but i have this problem at the front! Smiley sad im really quite concious of it and not sure how to prevent it??? do i just have it a bit looser like suggested previously?

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

I have the same problem and am hoping losing a few pounds, and not having it so tight at the top will fix it.

Lorna - where did you get your necklace? It's lovely!

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ahh thanks! its part of a necklace earring and bracelet set i got from e-bay for £17.29 including postage.

this is a link to their ebay shop https://www.ebay.co.uk/luv-jewellery x

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content

When I tried my dress on in the shop the lady told me that every one gets 'back or front fat' spilling over the corset top, even the size 8 people. I am just going to try and tone my arms up a bit so it isnt as obvious. if its at the back I wont be able to see it anyway so I can forget about it after a bit!

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ive been doing kickboxing for four weeks now so im hoping that will help with the toning up!!, im definately finding the ab work is doing the trick!!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Vicky I agree that even really slim people can get back fat. I tried the tip with fingers down my back but it doesn't work long term because as soon as you move your skin/fat just wriggles back into the position.

Lorna I definitely think it you loosen the laces a tiny bit that will help. In the picture it looks like the dress is digging in a bit and that could hurt after a while. You are already really slim so it's not like you need to lose any weight. I wish I had been as slim as you on my wedding day.

x

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice PG x

• A
    Amiee ·
    • Hide content

If i were you, i would like to loose the dress or wear the wedding veil, that would probably work!

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Firstly you have a lovely figure, and it looks great from the front which is the key thing, so I'd just try it a bit looser - and if not, try not to fret too much - we always zoom in on the areas we worry about, no one else will be staring there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics