Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AutumnRose
Beginner

Back from an enforced Hitched break and need some ideas!!

AutumnRose, 18 August, 2009 at 16:13 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello all!!!! Hope everyone is well and planning is going swimmingly all round ?

I moved house about a month ago and have had no internet for sooooooooooooooooooo long!!!! Have very much been missing Hitched!!!!

I have been fairly productive on the wedding side recently though but i'd like so pick your brains for ideas on something.....

I want to involve pictures of H2Bs and my grandparents at some point in our day. Out of the 8 grandparents only one (my Grandma) is still with us and so obviously she'll be the only one at the wedding. I've seen in magazines some people putting a picture of their grandparents on the cake table but as we are having a cheesecake it cant sit out and so we aren't having a traditional cake table so that wouldn't work....

My favourite idea so far is having the pics printed on the back of the Orders of Service and Menues.....then perhaps having the pics individually on the present table in the evening next to the guest book. I need to email my stationary lady to see how easy/expensive this would be.

If anyone did anything similar with pictures i'd love to hear about it, or if anyone has any other bright ideas.

Off to look back through a month of posts now so i'll be on here sometime!!!!!!!!!

3 replies

Latest activity by AutumnRose, 20 August, 2009 at 19:36
  • Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Hi AutumnRose!

I am going to have pics of my parents and sister on a special table with the 'footprints' story in a frame on there, also going to have some flowers on there too. My brother had loads of pics of our parents and sister hanging on the wall on a washing line with tiny little pegs holding the photos on. Everybody had the chance to walk round and look at them and that went down really well.

x

• AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

The pictures on a line with little pegs sounds lovely.

Thanks Mel.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Hi autumnrose, I gave up on hitched as well last night as it wasn't loading. a couple of ideas -

some people seem to have a separate small table with either a candle or a flower arrangement and some photos in frames, you could laos have a family book maybe next to your guest book - people could flick through that , or have something like a wishing tree - but with pictures hanging off the tree (like a memory tree). Just a few ideas, I don't know if it's helpful...

• AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much 22tango, sorry about the delayed reply!!!

I love the family book, could maybe have it next to the guestbook. Or perhaps i could get their pictures printed on the front of the guestbook itself....

I really like the memory/picture tree ideas too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics