Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2012

Background music for wedding breakfast

Becky424, 11 August, 2012 at 09:30 Posted on Planning 0 4

Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of chilled out music with sad lyrics! Any ideas of good music to have that's approprately happy??

Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by jonesmel_25, 11 August, 2012 at 10:47
  • Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi Becky424,

The wedding party or wedding breakfast categories on our wedding songs page might help you with inspiration?

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-songs/

?

Fran x

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping I can use the Piano Tribute Players music. Its pop,rock and everything in between played on pianos mostly. We have our DJ providing a sound system to play music so just need to check he can get these mp3s. I'm looking forward to seeing our guests faces when they realise they are listening to a rather different version of Guns and Roses' Paradise City!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Could you go for instrumental versions of the chill out music, then it won't really matter that the lyrics are sad.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Ministry of sound do a chilled acoustic compolation album which is good background music.

Radio 1s live lounge albums (various artists doing covers of other songs) have a good mix of background music.

But as others have suggested any song with lyrics may have depressing lyrics so maybe instrumental versions is the way forward, Ashton do classical versions of pop songs which makes good background music we having this after our ceremony.

• jonesmel_25
    Beginner September 2012
    jonesmel_25 ·
    • Hide content

Becky424 - I went on Spotify to help with ours and OH's brother was also a big help too!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics