Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner October 2017

Backless Wedding Dress

ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 10 of August of 2017 at 18:43 Posted on Planning 0 8

Anyone tried one of those stick on bra's?

I have a backless wedding dress and can't see any suitable options other than a stick on bra! My brain screams DANGER! I've read a couple of articles, but you never can tell what to believe or if they will stay put!

8 replies

Latest activity by Ash953, 19 of August of 2017 at 10:59
  • G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content

Stick on bras can be a bit of a nightmare when you get hot, as your sweat can cause it to lose its stickiness! Could you ask your alterations lady to sew cups into your dress instead?

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I worked in debenhams as a bra fitter and we used sell them. I found that they don't really give much support, there better if you only want a covering. Can you get away without wearing a bra? Or as pp said maybe see ifyou can get support added.

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

I have a backless dress And I tried it on with no bra and had no problems so I'm looking on the bright side... one less thing to budget for.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Well, I'm a 32D, and my girls are pretty widely spaced. I wore a stick on bra as I wan't them to be a little bit closer together, and didn't think the dress alone could do that as it was backless. After reading reviews I went for the 'invsibra' - more expensive than the others, but well worth it (They will also help you make sure you get the right size and it has a big range of sizes)

Full disclosure - I am a sweaty person by nature, and decided to 'test' it out before choosing to use it (as I was convinced it would fall off). I went on walk around a national trust place on a hot spring day with it on under loose a vest top. I was warm and sweaty, and while it jiggled a bit, it didn't fall off! On the day it was perfect, even under my evening dress (which was strapless) and I had no issues.

Now I bought one to wear for fittings, and a new one to wear on the day (you can reuse it, but I wanted a fresh one for the day). It's tricky to get right when putting on, but after a few goes you'll work out how to wear it on you. I had to ignore the instructions really, as my girls are so far apart I'd have torn it trying to get them to sit together as instructed!!

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much!! I shall get one for my fittings and one for the day! Great to hear! Thanks for your truthful sweatiness comment! Im much the same! Hahahaha - especially when stressed!

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    SomethingBlue11 ·
    • Hide content

I also have a backless dress! How big are your boobs? Mine are quite small but I was scared of a stick on bra (where they are sticky right across) so I got the below:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/strapless-stick-on-adhesive-bra/p/p20121954?extid=ps_gglpla_%7Bcampaignid%7D%7Badgroupid%7D&s_kwcid=AL!2750!3!176576748943!!!g!344733404797!&device=m&cvosrc=ppc%20shopping.google.Women%20%3E%20Wedding%20%3E%20Bridal%20Lingerie&cvo_pid=46077000904&ef_id=WM-ZQwAABf7adaDu:20170815062458:s&mcptredirect

i cut cut the sticky parts at the sides shorter so they don't show at the back. Wore it all day when I was trying on dresses to get the full effect and it didn't move at all! It was well worth it for me.

• M
    Beginner November 2018
    MrsGraves2B ·
    • Hide content

If you do decide to go for a stick on I would definitely get a new one for the day and another you can use as a tester as the first time I wore one it was great but the second time it came off halfway through the day! I'm sure they only have one good stick in them haha!

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Im only small chested but i didnt want any jiggling!! Thanks for the link!!!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Speak to your seamstress as well. They are magicians.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics