Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

panda2011
Beginner September 2011

Bacon Butties instead of Buffet

panda2011, 24 January, 2011 at 15:09

Posted on Planning 38

We are having an early civil ceremony at 12.30pm. We are expecting to be sitting down to the wedding breakfast at about 2.30 - 3pm which is obviously going to take about 2-3 hours by the time we have the speaches etc. OH is dead set on having bacon butties for our evening do served around 8.30pm...

We are having an early civil ceremony at 12.30pm. We are expecting to be sitting down to the wedding breakfast at about 2.30 - 3pm which is obviously going to take about 2-3 hours by the time we have the speaches etc. OH is dead set on having bacon butties for our evening do served around 8.30pm & wedding cake. Do you think this will be enough food to keep everyone happy? It seems like a long time to go through the evening to go on just a bacon buttie & a bit of cake & I can't help wondering if we should pay the etc couple of pounds a head for a buffet instead. What does everyone else think? Are we being stingey?

38 replies

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I would love to do this but when I checked with our venue bacon butties are £6.50 each and there will be 100 people there! We are not getting married until 3pm and sitting down for a BBQ at 5 or 5.30pm. Evening guests are coming at 7.30pm so I am hoping to maybe get away with the cake (cupcakes) a sweetie table and popcorn. Just can not afford the bacon butties!

• MrsBarnett2b
    Beginner
    MrsBarnett2b ·
    • Hide content

This is what we are having too, i think its a great idea and so much cheaper! We arn't getting married until 3.30 then we are just having a drinks reception and evening buffet of bacon/sausage baps and homeade chips served at maybe 8ish. Im going to have to tell people to make sure they have lunch before the ceremony.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

As part of our package our 50 days guest had an automatic buffet included for the evening. However for the 50 others guests in the evening we order bacon butties. I am not bothered who eats what- just means there are 50 buffets and 50 bacon rolls and people have what they want.

I also have cake and choc fountain so I think that is more than enough.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I ❤️ chip butties, having originated from up north!

My friend had her wedding at 1.30pm, and did something similar, a hog roast (with rolls and apple sauce) in the evening instead of a buffet. Tbh, it pushed me over the edge and I felt a bit ? afterwards as I was still pretty full from the main meal!

Think I would have preferred bacon and chip butties though! Yum!

• S
    Spectrum Disco ·
    • Hide content

Having been to quite a few weddings in my time, Bacon Butties are a real hit irrspective of the type of wedding.

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

Another Bacon Butty fan here :-)

We're having 3 course wedding brekkie about 3pm then bacon & sausage butties with chips for "supper" about 9/10pm....just when everyone is getting peckish from all the beer :-)

Day guests will still be full from the brekkie and evening only guests will be advised to have tea before they come...everyone's a winner

:-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics