Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2016

Bali, or Italy for September honeymoon?

MellieMoo, 10 of November of 2014 at 11:14 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hi all,

We're not big travellers at all and i honestly can't imagine where I'd like to go abroad. Fiance is keen on Venice but I'm wary of it being too touristy. Personally I love the look of the beach house from Edward & Bella's honeymoon in twilight (think that's Brazil?), and think Bali looks quite good too.

Our priorities are

Warm but not stupidly hot

Dry

Romantic

Some sight seeing/ some relaxing

Sandy beaches

Good al fresco food

Spirituality

Less touristy

It will be mid september and we'll have 3 weeks. Any suggestions?

4 replies

Latest activity by Arabella16, 20 of January of 2015 at 14:24
  • M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Bump?

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensivePinkStationery283 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

As read yours I would recommend to go Bali, or you can also go to Thailand and Malaysia .

Cheers

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing Bali - 5 nights in Ubud and then a week in Lombok. Beautiful!! Check out Quinci villas Lombok

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

My vote is for Bali! I have never been but would love to go.

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if it helps but I have been to Bali and it was amazing! We went in November and the weather was great. We stayed for 2 weeks in Nusa Dua (worth getting up for the 5am sunrise, its beautiful) and the beaches were sandy. For the spiritual part you can't go wrong as there are loads of different temples and of course Ubud. There are some tourist there, but I wouldnt say it was 'touristy', although do steer clear of Kuta as this is where all of the young Aussies go to party - not a problem at all if you stay in any other area as its only Kuta that has the party scene so dont let it put you off at all as it will only affect you if you go there. We did go there one afternoon and it was a laugh as its great for cheap souveniers and sunglasses copies etc.

Theres so much more to do as well if you want to sight see... i cant recommend enough just hiring a driver for the day if you want to see whats about. We used Bali Explore Tours (can't seem to add a link but its baliexploretours . com), that is run by a guy called Dewa. He was amazing and cost about $45 for 8 hours of taking us around the island. We ended up hiring him a second time for half a day too as there was more we wanted to see. They also do a great trip called Mount Batur hike - they pick you up at 2am and drive to the mountain, then you hike by torchlight (and under the stars, saw the milkyway as there is no light pollution) to the summit in time to watch the most amazing sunrise at about 5am.

If you like cookery there is the Bumbu Bali cookery school which is run by a chef called Heinz (we found out later he was quite well known and has published cook books) that will take you all the way through indonesian cooking in a full day.

I won't go on and on as there's so much to do there but hope that helps! Can't compare to Italy though I'm afraid as I have never had the chance to go xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics