Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Dedicated September 2021 Essex

Band or playlist?

Ruth, 23 of November of 2020 at 15:51 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hello all!

We've already booked a band for our wedding, next December. We'll only have around 30-35 guests.
Although we're completely into creating a great vibe and having an great party, we've been looking at ways to cut back some costs.
Do people think having a playlist will be a bit naff? The venue often hosts live music and has a sound system that we could use but I'm in two minds about it.

8 replies

Latest activity by Kathy, 2 of December of 2020 at 06:53
  • H
    Curious October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly ·
    • Hide content

Hey Ruth!

We've got two plans of action for our evening reception for next October (in case of any restrictions!)

For now on the basis of us only having between 30-35 guests for the evening (on the thought that there's still restrictions!), we've booked a singer with backing music for the evening. However, if restrictions are eased (or a vaccine rolled out - fingers crossed!) we'll be having a big reception do with around 100 guests and in that case the singer we've booked will bring his band to make it more atmospheric!

I don't think a playlist is naff - I think it's more about priorities. We love live music so we knew that was one of our top priorities for us, and I also wanted to make sure the evening wouldn't feel too flat with the smaller number we're potentially having. So having a singer gives the evening a bit more of a feature.

Let me know if you want me to reccommend my singer - he's from Essex so local to you it looks like!

• R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Holly,
    Thank you, that'd be brill. We're actually getting married in Dorset but I'm sure a good musician could travel, right?

And that's exactly my concern, that the evening may feel a bit flat...we eat and then what? At least with a band there'd be guaranteed atmosphere but I'm not sure we can justify the expense with having so few guests.
    Thanks for your reply ?
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

If you cannot justify a singer or band how about a DJ. If your venue has a good sound system then a playlist will be fine but what people overlook with a DJ is that they also bring along all the lighting gear which really does add to the "party atmosphere" and makes a big difference.

Band or playlist? 1

• R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely, we're considering this. Thank you so much for responding ?
  • K
    Beginner November 2022 Missouri
    Kathy ·
    • Hide content

I always fell in love with all the bands that sang at every wedding that I have attended. So I choose to hire a band for your wedding too! Good luck!

• R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, it may be worth the extra expense!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Bands that I have seen at weddings have also played a playlist through their system - with their lighting during any break times they may have.

• K
    Beginner November 2022 Missouri
    Kathy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics