Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kjay
Beginner August 2013

Bandeoke! What do you think?

Kjay, 26 of August of 2012 at 16:30 Posted on Planning 0 18

So my other half has just suggested for our evening entertainment something called Bandeoke!

A mix between a live band doing their thing and then you and your guests being able to rock up and be the star karaoke style! He has found a couple of bands that offer this sort of thing and the selection of music looks pretty good.

I think I love it- mixture of cheese and fun, please tell me what you guys think!

18 replies

Latest activity by Kjay, 27 of August of 2012 at 11:30
  • Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of that before, nice to do something different. If you like it, go for it, its your wedding at the end of the day. Not my cuppa tea, as I can't stand karaoke or band music for that matter, but each to their own and all that. Your other half likes the idea too, so if you know a lot of people who like to do karaoke, it could prove to be fun for them and a big hit.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I am pretty sure its 'up the street' of quite a few of our friends and family (bunch of show offs haha)!

We deff want live music and like you say this seems a bit different!

Thanks for replying Smiley smile

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of that before, sounds great to me! My OH's side would love that!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Excellent- may have to invite them to get the party started !!

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

Haha think they're busy that day!

Sounds like a great way to break the ice!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Imagine that?!?!

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds awesome, may have to look into it myself, I'd love it...

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Go for it!

So far 2-1 to go for it ?

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

I'd say go for it too. I've only heard it called Rockaoke before but same thing.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like my idea of hell, but I know loads of my friends would love this.

So if you love it and your friends are usually the get up and have a go at karaoke type then go for it.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Love this and am kinda gutted that I can't have it, we have a Chinese near us that has a private room you can hire and have karaoke, literally my 2 favourite things put together!!

• littlecathy
    Beginner August 2013
    littlecathy ·
    • Hide content

Sounds cool! I've never heard of this before but sounds like the sort of thing we would have - I want a band and OH wants karaoke so this is a great way to combine the two! DO IT!

(I'm going to get straight onto looking into this...)

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That made me laugh!!

Thanks for the replies all- the other half has e-mailed a group that do it who are based in Manchester so we shall see what they come up with for us Smiley smile

If folk don't want to get up and have a go themselves I think they'll enjoy watching the pros and the wannabes!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

It's not really my thing, if I sung I'd empty the room but I'm sure with the right crowd it'll be great fun!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will probably have this effect! but by rights everyone will have to stay and suffer- you know being the bride and all that haha

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great. OH wants our DJ to allow karaoke, but I don't want it. We went to a joint 21st/double 50th recently and the karaoke was horrendous. It was just 3 little girls every time screeching away and mumbling the words they didn't already know. It really spoilt the flow of the evening as everybody cleared the dance floor and took ages to get back up, a lot of the same people will be coming to the wedding and I don't want that to happen again. Love it at other peoples' parties though and always have a go, but never on my own - I don't know how people do that!

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a party that had Rockeoke before, and if the people there are up for joining in, it is really good fun. Only problem is when people sing who don't sound very good, that seemed to clear the room pretty quickly.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah that is the downside I think.

Depending on what the norm is I think we would have more time allowed for the band than karaoke style initially and then could always change it for the second set to just the band if everyone sucks!! Or vice versa.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics