Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner

Band!(essex venue)

Andy114, 19 of April of 2010 at 23:53 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone,

we are getting married next year in the whitehall hotel near stanstead,

we was hoping to get a band for the venue, we originally saw the band the bears (when they played in london) but think they may be high price wise,

so can anyone recommend bands? and what sort of price is about normal for a band?

we'd either like a band that can cover all sorts of music or a ceilidh type band that can get the crowd up and dancing!

even better news is the venue have a noise limiter set at 90 decibels and it will shut down the power if a band go to loud!

thanks in advance x

1 replies

Latest activity by Kim31, 21 of April of 2010 at 17:16
  • Tony Lewis HIB
    Tony Lewis HIB ·
    • Hide content

Even better news!?!? I sincerely hope you were being sarcastic. I'm afraid that limiter will very much determine your choice of band. 90dB is really low. They're usually set to 96 or 98dB. 90 will limit you to something without real drums I'd suggest - potentially just a vocalist with backing tracks or a DJ. We've had our unamplified drummer trip a limiter with just his kick drum before and we won't play venues with them installed.

Whatever you do, make sure your band know exactly what that limiter is set to and let them decide whether they are happy to do it.

All the best

Tony

RS

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

Lovelight - http://www.lovelight.me.uk/ have fabulous bands and work all over Essex.

Please mention me if you call.

Thanks

Kim x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics