Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2016

Bargain polaroid camera for photobooth

FutureMrsMarshall, 2 of October of 2015 at 18:09 Posted on Planning 0 2

Came across this option and thought it might be interesting to those considering a DIY photobooth! Hema, which is a Dutch chain that apparently now also has shops in the UK, is selling Instax Mini 8 cameras for 65 pounds, way cheaper than I've seen them on Amazon etc. And if you happen to be traveling to the continent any time soon, it's 65 euros so that's even less! They also have the smartphone-printer and the film.

http://www.hemashop.com/gb/shop?searchtext=instax&searchlocation=%2F%2Fgbhema%2Fen_GB%2Fpgb_product_type%3E{books%3Bexoot%3Bshop}

I'm considering getting it for people to stick photos in the guestbook, but not sure how well it would work if they are left to themselves with it... Did anyone do a DIY polaroid photo booth? Did it work well? How many shots did you provide/use?

2 replies

Latest activity by BearFeb2016, 3 of October of 2015 at 13:13
  • M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks for for the tip off, will check it out tomorrow, just tried but the hema are is down for maintenance. I'm thinking of doing exactly the same and having clear instructions in a pretty frame on the table with the camera, book and spare film. I've also seen it where you have rows of string on a big frame and ask guests to peg their fave Polaroid up. I think it will work ok but will ask ushers and BMs to keep an eye on it and replenish with film etc. have you looked on Pinterest? There are quite a few good polaroid guestbook examples on there xxx

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

We had an Instax Mini. My MIL sort of took charge of it and made sure it got used. It was great fun and I love having the pictures in our guestbook. We bought 4 films so had 40 pics but I used 4 the day prior when testing the camera. We only had 10 guests though. I reckon at a big wedding I would probably make sure there are 2-3 shots available per guest? And make sure some people know how to use it and replace the film so they can show others.

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

Amazon have a great deal on at the moment, I decided sod it and bought one this morning! Had been debating it for a while for our guest book! Got one of those cameras with film for 40 for £83.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics