Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner January 2015

Barn dance & DJ combo?

CityGirl37, 18 of August of 2014 at 00:42 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get some help with evening reception music. We wanted to have some kind of ceilidh/barn dance thing going on to make sure everyone gets up and dances but don't want to have it for the whole night so want a DJ as well but it seems very expensive to hire both separately. Does anyone know of a ceilidh/barn dance band that offer a good DJ package? (Wedding is in London) I've had a bit of a look but not found much so far - everything I come across ends up being based in Scotland.

Also does anyone have thoughts on a band versus just dj and caller (with the dj playing recorded barn dance music)? Is it very different?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 18 of August of 2014 at 09:21
  • Nature Bride
    Beginner August 2015
    Nature Bride ·
    • Hide content

We're planning on having a barn dance as well. We want an actual band as opposed to just a caller but they have a PA system and a CD player so we're going to make our own mix CD. We don't want a DJ because it's extra expense and I want some control over the music Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But the band may want to pack up and go after their set is finnished.

I shot a wedding this year who had exactly that, a barn dance live band who did I think 2 sets untill around 10pm and from then on the bride and groom had their own music on an ipod played through the venues sound system,so did not need the bands system and it all worked fine, the extra thing you would get with a DJ would be the light show.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics