Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BadgerBeetle
Beginner November 2012

Baskets in the toilets - what are you putting in them?!

BadgerBeetle, 1 of October of 2012 at 22:43 Posted on Planning 0 14

We have quite an expensive (for us) venue, so don't really know what to put in ours?! Maybe some little tins of body spray, breath mints, etc?! I don't think they're really necessary, but I like the idea of them.

What on earth do you put in the basket for the men?!

14 replies

Latest activity by littlecathy, 3 of October of 2012 at 18:57
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't bother putting a basket in the men's bathroom - they probably won't even notice it! However, if you do decide to do one, have you asked your OH what you should put in it?

For the ladies how about some lovely hand moisturiser, body spray or mini perfumes, little cute packs of tissues, mints/sweets, a few packs of party feet, clear nail varnish (for repairing laddered tights!), toothpicks, a couple of toothbrushes with travel toothpaste, bronzer, blusher, make-up brushes, cotton buds, lip balm, deodorant

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

If I remember rightly:

Deodorant

Body Spray

Mini hairspray

Bobbles

Grips

Tampons

Pantyliners

Mints (tic tac rip offs!)

Brush

Plasters

Mini perfumes (the ones Boots sell in a pack at Xmas - I bought them when they went on sale after Xmas).

For the men I didn't bother with a basket, but just put out a deodorant, packs of mints and the men's mini aftershaves from Boots. They wouldn't appreciate a basket.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I put the following in the ladies' loo in a basket labelled "for those little emergencies":

Mini packs of tissues

Needle and thread (white, beige and black cotton)

Safety pins

Tampax

Body spray

Blister plasters

Painkillers

Then I also put some luxury handwash and hand lotion by the sinks (it was a village hall venue) in both the mens and ladies. I think there was more in the basket, but I can't remember!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Well done on this thread, I was thinking the same!

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Generally you wont be allowed to put painkillers in them, not advisable anyway if there are kids around

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Top is ladies basket bottom is mens basket ( pictures from when I was trying to stuff it all in at home)

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not allowed by whom? There were at least 6 paramedics at my reception, no kids, and non-toxic levels of each painkiller so even if someone had taken the lot, we knew it wouldn't warrant A&E! Not really a risk Smiley smile

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

In addition to what the others have said, I will most certainly be including dry shampoo. X

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

Our boy basket contains Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Gel, Hair Spray, Deoderant, Combs, Breath Spray, Mints, Plasters (boys get blisters in new shoes too!), Strepsils/Lockets, Dental Floss and Cotton Buds.

Our girl basket has all of the above, Tampax, Panty Liners, Dry Shampoo, Clear Nail Varnish, Body Spray, Hand Cream, Nail Files, Hair Brushes, Bands, Grips and a translucent powder.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

We haven't do one for the men but this is the ladies one:

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I'm intending to do these, I told OH about it and he said not to bother with the men's one but I might get some deodorant and hair stuff to stick in there.

Those that are putting some wording on it, what are you using?

(edited for shocking grammar)

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Glad you started this thread as I was thinking of this the other day. Girls, no problem, men no idea!! Ha ha

I was really thinking, deodrant, headache tablets, tissues, mints, hair gel, a comb, plasters, lynx...??

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look fab!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I think I need to get myself organised and crack on with this now! And I don't really see why paracetamol wouldn't be allowed either, the baskets will be up too high for little hands to grab. Deodorant, mints and hair gel definitely all good ideas for the boys!

• littlecathy
    Beginner August 2013
    littlecathy ·
    • Hide content

I did this at my mum's wedding a few years back and my auntie came back from the toilet and whispered 'They've put loads of freebies in the toilet, go and grab a load before they all go!' She was mortified when I told her I'd put them there! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics