Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2013

Battle of the brides

Bubbles369, 16 June, 2012 at 16:41 Posted on Planning 0 10

Why why why would you do that to yourself. Its just horrible, I want to cry watching it why would you want your whole day to be a compromise. Even if you could only save a small amount of money and have a little DIY wedding surely that would be preferable.

10 replies

Latest activity by sian-tiffany, 17 June, 2012 at 22:36
  • stephanieeff
    Beginner July 2014
    stephanieeff ·
    • Hide content

My friend was on the first episode, The one from Sheffield with the Alice in Wonderland Theme.

Apparantly you have to describe your dream wedding and the TV company goes away and creates it for you, and when it came down to it she hated the dresses they had made for her and the bridesmaids, and the carriage thing they got for her transport, so she went with the other woman's choices. I'm not sure if she regrets not having her own wedding but it was an experience at least! And very pampered, and FREE! lol

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

I definitely think it would be an experience to remember! I think it would all depend on the bride you're matched with... Like the episode that's on now, I would happily have either of these weddings! I think it would help that I'm not one of these brides with their 'dream' wedding in their head. I had no idea what my ideal wedding would be like before I started planning... I still don't now!!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Anyone know where the dress they ended up wearing for the Chritsmas/ vintage episode is from?

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

I would rather have a few hundred pound budget than share such a special day with another couple!!! They just seem miserable...why do it to yoursef?!?

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was wondering the same thing, from the quick glimpses I got of the episode it looked like one that I tried on the other week... And I didn't get the name of it then!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I've never understood programs like this. Surely if you're going to be so stubborn and hate other people's ideas why would you do it?

A wedding can always be put together no matter how much it costs.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I went to a wedding two weeks ago and the bride definitely had that exact dress. She's on honeymoon at the mo, I'll ask her on her return.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I text her sister, it's Maggie Soterro 'Tabitha' worn without the sash. One bride had a corset back and one had a button-up (but ibviousky the same dress!)

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks Ducky. It wasn't the one I tried, but very similar! Beautiful dress though!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! It's similar to one I love but can't afford (at £4,000!!!!) so when I saw it I nearly jumped out my seat, and I thought I'd seen it before. Off to google Maggie Sottero stockists.

Thanks a million!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They went with the vintage dress. That red thing looked bloody awful! I watched the episode and just couldn't believe that people do that kind of thing as you know you are going to get the complete opposite. I'd rather have the day I want and have it low key.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics