Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anonbride
Expert July 2023 Cornwall

Beach Wedding Order of the Day

Anonbride, 14 of January of 2022 at 12:11 Posted on Planning 0 4

We're planning a summer beach wedding - ceremony on the sand, drinks and canapes outside on a decking area, then moving inside for food (with the beach still in view). Our venue has suggested this order of the day, but I'm just wondering whether it would be a good idea to extend the drinks and canapes by half an hour (we may also add an ice cream bike at this point) to give people more time outside on what will hopefully be a nice day? I'm also thinking we'll have group photos during the drinks and canapes which will eat into this time, and also people might want to use this time to wander along the beach a bit...

This is what the venue has suggested:

1pm Ceremony

1.30pm Celebration Drinks & Canapes

3.15pm Guests to take their seats

3.30pm Food to be served

5.30pm Speeches

6pm Tea/Coffee

7.30 Evening To Start

9pm Evening Snacks

Midnight – Music off

But I'm wondering about:

1pm Ceremony

1.30pm Celebration Drinks & Canapes (& ice cream, maybe at 2:30pm)

3.45pm Guests to take their seats

4:00pm Food to be served

6pm Speeches (also debating speeches between courses?!)

6:30pm Tea/Coffee

8.00 Evening To Start

9:30pm Evening Snacks

Midnight – Music off

What do people think? I've not had much experience at weddings let alone an outdoor one where I imagine it would be nice to make the most of the location?! Or do you think the original already gave us plenty of time?

4 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 17 of January of 2022 at 19:07
  • Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    This will be the brightest and sunniest part of your day and if you’ll enjoy this more then add on the extra half a hour. Also that’s usually the time people get photos done so if you’re doing that it will give you extra time for pics and mingling with your guests too Smiley smile x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My only thing would be if the weather is bad what is the contingency to move inside? Similarly, if it is blazing hot and is the hottest part of the day would it be too much for people to be out that long. lastly, starting the evening at 8 is quite late, from experience people tend to turn up a bit after the start time so you have a very small time for the evening guests. Personally I think the original times are OK, 1h 45m is enough, and people will be ready for food, you also have buffer time if you over run at any point so won't be so rushed and then after the meal people have time for a stretch of the legs before the evening starts. I would ask the Venue and see if it is doable if you really think it is needed but the original plan seems more realistic and relaxed
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'm erring towards it because of the photos and mingling - don't want to feel like I've missed most of the sunshine time with my guests because I was posing for photos!

• Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having the same group all through the day, no extra evening guests so that's no issue Smiley smile Good point about if the weather is crummy though... I might ask the venue how late notice we can switch up the order... although I guess it might affect any printed order of the day stuff we're thinking of having! Maybe just an extra 15mins to make it 2hrs haha Smiley sexy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics