Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

Bear Grylls The Island *spoilers*

SillyWrong, 24 of April of 2015 at 11:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Have you been watching it? I can't get enough of it.

I'm so blinkin furious at the women though. I said at the beginning that I bet there will be people all over the place comparing them to the men and using anything the women did wrong as further 'proof' that women can't be as tough as men. I was really rooting for the women to prove themselves tough fearless warriors and for them to walk all over the men! I can't believe that while the men were wrestling a croc the girls were snuggling up and sleeping with the piglets like they were pet dogs (though they later went on to redeem themselves - I was hid behind a cushion!) and that it was the women who had to call for help when they couldn't get the fire started ... oh and that they split up at the beginning and lost one another for DAYS!

Some of them are great, Lauren is pretty tough and determined. On the mens side, I love that Dr dude; "it's all right lads, it'll come"!!!

ETA: They are all tough compared to me - there is no way I could survive an afternoon there.

13 replies

Latest activity by halloweeny, 22 of May of 2015 at 09:41
  • WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

Oh I love it too! I couldn't believe that one of the women tried to put a lead on one of the piggies before they moved camp! I hid too, I couldn't watch them do it.

I'm not sure how I would cope tbh, I'd like to think I'd do okay but the wildlife would give me the willies.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Love this programme!!

Agree with the men v women comparisons etc.

I would love to think I could do it but I would probably leave day one! ha! (I don't drink water, so would b a tad buggered (hate the taste, it makes me vom!) unless the desperation for fluids would help me get over that maybe!?)

I think they only had to call for help with their fire was because they had broken the fire making tools from trying so often, whereas the men got a fire lit and have kept it going (cos they haven't moved camps etc).

I couldn't believe though when the women got separated from each other! Such a big mistake.

I did feel sorry for poor sage & onion. They followed them halfway across the island only to get eaten! Loyalty for ya! ha.

• V
    Beginner September 2016
    Violet89 ·
    • Hide content

They are a joke! The only women with anything to them are the scouse lady and Lauren, but then she was still silly enough to scald herself by boiling water in a sealed jerry can! Those piglets started cooking themselves at one point, jumping all over the fire haha. The Scottish woman was so silly, refusing to have any part in eating the piglets! Where does she think her food comes from?!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't seen any of it but it sounds like something l should record /download on Sky from the way you have described it.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Must admit that I watched the first few episodes of each men and women's island and gave up. Might have to try again by watching it on catch up if you're all enjoying it. I had enjoyed the Bear Grylls celebrity survival thing on ITV that was on before but was so frustrated by all the arguing on this show!

I agree that the women that have been selected (as a whole but there are some exceptions) are a load of numpties. I really wanted them to give the blokes a run for their money!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She's been vegetarian her whole life, that was her point.

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

I love it - I was saying to OH that I'd love to do something like that, then screamed when a spider ran across the living room floor and insisted he got rid of it... maybe not for me after all!!!

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Did anyone see the finals of the mens and womens islands?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I saw the womens, haven't seen the mens yet. Those silly ladies. That awful scottish one.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I missed the men's finals :-( OH and i worked out half way through the programme that we've met one of them!!! hahaha! not sure how he did as we kept missing it. I think he was there until the end though...

I did watch the women's one. That really horrid lazy woman wound me up no end. What was her problem with having a leader? She was so flaming useless the whole time it was a joke.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo which one have you met Halloweeny?

The men faced a moral dilemma last night. Food had run out. Baby turtles were hatching from the sand and heading to the sea. Some didn't make it and dies in the heat before they made the water. So some men opted to eat the dead baby turtles whilst others refused to.

Also, as it was there last week they knew when they were going home yet they killed a pig the day or so before they left. Now I've never been starving but I am not sure I could kill something knowing I would be back in civilisation in a matter of hours. Plus I heard the pigs were put on the island and wouldn't normally have been there if it wasn't for the programme so it was never going to go to well for piggies I guess. Also, the croc that the men killed near the start was actually on the protected species list so bit of a mistake there.. oopps.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

The one which annoyed me the most was Vic on the mens island - smarmy selfish git - not a team player in the slightest! He made me want to throw something heavy at the TV.

Its the 'coming out' show tonight - looking forward to that! Theres no way I could ever survive it. Mr K on the other had says he'd be well up for it. Problem is, if he left me for 6 weeks to be marooned on some island, who'd run me a bath and cook my dinner every night?

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I wish they'd have done more surrounding going home after the island and readjusting to normal life...

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Daisymoo - we met Sam F. He seems to have been doing a lot of the filming which is why he isn't in many shots and explains why we didn't work it out for a while.

He was defo there until the end though.

I found the recap thing quite interesting. I didn't recognise a lot of the girls. They look totally different irl.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics