Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2014

Beatles!

anjenla, 12 of May of 2013 at 18:49 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi All!

I've planning a very British wedding- afternoon tea, bunting, etc etc. And we reeeaaaalllly want a Beatles tribute band. Any idea how much one would cost? (Wedding's in Dorest in May next year)

Thanks!

Jen

9 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGoldCakes593, 13 of June of 2016 at 14:02
  • mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Depends on whether you can find one near you, would probably be a few hundred Smiley smile As it's quite a specific band you might find there are extra costs involved if there isn't one more local so be prepared for that.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh!!! Funny you say that I saw an AWESOME Beetles tribute band on Sunday. I took one of their cards as I thought they were so good. I don't have it on me today, but I'll post you their details tomorrow. No idea of the cost though.

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I have been to see The Bootleg Beatles twice in concert and I have heard they do weddings. I have no idea how much they'd be, expensive I imagine, but my god, they're good...

It doesn't hurt to ask!

http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/

Pete

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I have been to see The Bootleg Beatles twice in concert and I have heard they do weddings. I have no idea how much they'd be, expensive I imagine, but my god, they're good...

It doesn't hurt to ask!

http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/

Pete

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    anjenla ·
    • Hide content

I'd *love* the Bootleg Beatles.....but they charge around 13K, which is more than my entire wedding budget :'(

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

WOAH 13k? That's pretty tidy! I guess it is for several people's separate wages and it's a hard skill

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Not surprised. They're a national touring band and they are booked out for high profile events, so can commend a pretty hefty fee!

When we were looking for just a generic wedding band, we were getting quoted around £1k (managed to knock one down to £750 after haggling). In fairness, that would pretty much take care of your whole evening's entertainment as most of them DJ in between sets too, and you can't beat a live band for atmosphere.

Could you not hire a 'normal' wedding band but look at their set list beforehand? A lot of bands have quite a number of Beatles songs on their setlist, as their early stuff especially is pretty straightforward musically (ie. written for a 4-piece...I'm not talking about the later big orchestral numbers!). Alternatively, does it HAVE to be just Beatles stuff? What about other great British bands? The Who? The Rolling Stones? Staples of any wedding band playlist.

Our band have 'Get Back' and 'Back in the USSR' on their setlist, along with a mixture of Who, Stones, Bowie, etc.

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really? Are you sure? I knwo they've covered a wedding at Quendon Hall, I don't think the couple would have paid £13k for them... perhaps they were friends of the couple? I wish I'd been there for that wedding...

• S
    Sallydownes ·
    • Hide content

Hi I can strongly recommend The Getback Beatles - saw them in a pub this weekend and they were really believable! Their John Lennon looks the spitting image plus they are young and energetic, more like the early Beatles stuff. I took a card and they said weddings are in the £800-£1000 they are on twitter _getbackbeatles

• E
    ExpensiveGoldCakes593 ·
    • Hide content

I would thoroughly recommend the fabulous Vox Beatles (www.voxbeatlestribute.com) for weddings etc. They are a really friendly, authentic, professional beatles tribute group who are reliable and highly recommended. They are also within an affordable budget !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics