Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner December 2012

Beauty / smellies product recommendations?

LEA2012, 28 of November of 2012 at 18:04 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi ladies, I'm just after a last few bits for my wedding day and wondered whether anyone can offer up some recommendations for any products you might have used or can champion?

I'm after 2 things - 1. something for my feet, namely my heels to make them look soft and smooth. Am thinking I need something that can be applied in a couple of weeks leading up to the wedding? I dont have terrible hard skin or anything and so am not looking for the likes of pumice stones but just want something to moisturise and generally make them look lovely in my sparkly shoes...?

2. Something for my shoulders / back area that will make me sparkly. I dont want to look like a christmas tree but am just after something that will give my skin a slight, but noticeable shimmer / sparkle? Powder or lotion etc?

Any suggestions?? Thanks x

9 replies

Latest activity by Pook82, 3 of December of 2012 at 15:33
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

For feet, I can swear by Boots Cracked Heel Balm. It claims on the tube it works in 3 days - I find it works in one day! Due to work, I stand on my feet all day and it's brilliant stuff, makes your heels nice and soft and comfortable and you can feel the difference as soon as you apply it.

• littlecathy
    Beginner August 2013
    littlecathy ·
    • Hide content

Superdrug does a lovely Vitamin E body lotion with shimmer in it - it's a bargain at less than 3 quid so you can afford to try it and if you don't like it, it doesn't matter too much. Spray your perfume on first then lotion up and it'll help seal the scent into your skin...

Lush does a body shimmer bar in a couple of different shades, but they're a bit tricky to apply as you sometimes get streaks of colour.

Hope that helps!

• Rhoslyn
    Beginner July 2013
    Rhoslyn ·
    • Hide content

For sparkly lotion- can I recommend Body Shop Cocunut body butter with shimmer- it's a real subtle sparkle must a lover body butter!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I will be in town Saturday looking at these! i do like the idea of something thats not too expensive for the sparkle as I can try beforehand! ?

• Louby1404
    Beginner June 2013
    Louby1404 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

Not sure about the feet product but I would go for a powder for the sparkle so so don't have any greasy bits to get on your dress and you can top it up if you want to through the day. Try this.... It's on offer so worth a go anyway

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Limited-Collection-Sparkle-Body-Powder/dp/B002RH7IHC

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

I had a nice Champneys foot butter (though it came in a Christmas gift set), and that worked really well.

I'm afraid I can't think of shimmery lotions that I've used in the past at all, but have seen the Lush ones (and who doesn't love a mooch around Lush!)

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Whatever moisturizer you use on your feet, slip them into socks after so your feet get really intensively moisturized. You can buy special socks from places like the Body Shop, but ordinary cotton socks will also do the trick. I also swear by Coconut Body Butter! It's a miracle worker Smiley smile

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would recommend items from the Liz Earle range, like their foot exfoliator and cream. All her products are good. Bare mineral;s are also brilliant and they will advise if you go to them at a shop counter. Also L`Occitane almond shower oil is gorgeous and not oily slipery just very moisturising and smells amazing!

Elemis is amazing too but a bit more expensive.

Lynne

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

The Sanctury moisturising oil spray is great and smells lovely. It'll moisturise your skin and leave a nice sheen too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics