Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JennyWren87
Beginner May 2013

Belfast castle?

JennyWren87, 31 of May of 2012 at 16:23 Posted on Planning 0 52

Anyone getting married/or has got married in Belfast Castle??

?

52 replies

Latest activity by Alex, 4 of October of 2023 at 10:31
  • JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Nice to meet you Smiley smile

Yeah Belfast Castle is lovely with amazing views. My fiance actually hasnt seen it yet but I know he will love it! We are heading back to northern ireland next week so he will see it then! Excited Smiley smile

Soo, where and when are you getting maried?

x

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

Hi jennyWren

my friends got married in Belfast castle a couple of years ago - it's was absolutely brilliant! food awesome, location awesome and made for some amazing photographs! Looked into it myself but couldn't afford it! lol

superb choice! x

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny, there's another bride in our fb group getting married there a week after you!

• T
    Beginner June 2013
    tware ·
    • Hide content

We attended a wedding at Belfast castle a couple year ago and it was brilliant. I still talk about now, and the food was out of this world. potato and leek soup with hot bread, beef that when cut was like a hot knife through butter and trio pudding and later on in the evening fish and chips in cones. The venue was breath taking and I hope my venue lives up to this.

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

Gracefly, my fiance will see it in a couple of weeks. I have a lot of childhood memories from Belfast castle. My granny lives close by and used to take me and my twin sister to the adventure park there and we had lunch in the castle afterwards! love it Smiley smile

Castle Ward is beautiful and thats fab you're getting married where you had your first date! Im sure it will be very special.

How is your planning going?

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

I can't seem to find Lauriel on here Smiley sad it says username is not found.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Just tried to tag you in a post on the fb group but it won't let me!! Anyway look on there, Lauriel is there too!!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile ...I changed my username, it was Lauriel but changed it a couple of days ago, got a bit bored with it..Im getting married in Belfast Castle in May next year - we booked our date back in Feb 2010! Its a special date we've chosen so wanted to make sure that availability was there Smiley smile nice to meet another NI bride!

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

Go on the NI brides! we should have our own wee group! xo

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

Hello you found us!! You're getting married just 1 week after me! Im 4th May Smiley smile What have you planned so far? Are you having both the service and the reception at the castle?

Weemee, we should soo set up our own group! Though looks like it will be a very small one!

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

It would! trying to organise a wedding back home from Manchester. Have my Ma and bridesmaid (cousin) helping me out. It's nice to hear people planning weddings in places that I know where they are and can think "Ooh that'd be lovely.....!"

good luck girls! x

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes we should! ? x

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiii ?

We've done a fair bit, got the DJ booked, cars, my dress has been ordered, decor has been organised, BM dresses have been purchased, save the dates have been made, ehh, deposits have all been paid to the castle. We have to go up in November to pay a further deposit for the catering...Im sure I've done a few more things but I just can't think off the top of my head!! We're going to have to knuckle down soo though! We're having both our ceremony and reception at the Castle, it's just so lovely and it made sense to just have it all in the one place. What about you?

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you sound very organised!! So far we have paid the full room hire, deposid paid for catering, wedding dress and BM dress sorted, save the dates sent out, im making the invites which are in progress, planning to give notice of marriage and pay marriage fee next week. Thats it so far, i think we're doing alright! Will have to sort out photographer pretty soon. I live in Norfolk so it can be a bit difficult to organise things when in a different country!

What room are you having for your reception? Ive choosen the Ben Madigan as we only have around 55 guests and its a lot cheaper than the chicester room, absolutely stunning views wherever you go! love it!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh yes! We have our photographer booked too..He's a friend of FBIL's so we're getting mates rates - really happy about that!!! Smiley smile We've booked the package deal they offer, it seemed like the best option for us as we're having everything at the Castle.

You live in Norfolk? Lovely!! Im from London, I moved to NI 7years ago Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner October 2012
    EGA ·
    • Hide content

Yay, another NI bride I'm getting married in City Hall the on to Brownow House bu I live in Egland. Mumy is great!!!

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

ButterflyChild, Yeah Im living in Norwich, Lovely part of the country!

Yay another NI bride! Brownlow House is really nice, I lived close to Lurgan park a few years ago! Nice location Smiley smile You live in England too?! When are you getting married?

• Aurora13
    Beginner August 2012
    Aurora13 ·
    • Hide content

Another ~NI~ bride here!!

10 weeks left until we do it at the Old Inn Crawfordsburn!

• E
    Beginner October 2012
    EGA ·
    • Hide content

Getting married there on the 6th October so making sure all the fires are lit! It i a lovey venue, I can't wait!

• Aurora13
    Beginner August 2012
    Aurora13 ·
    • Hide content

Thats my sons birthday!!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I loveeeee the Old Inn...My friend got married there in August 2010, we went back again for a weekend knees up for FFIL's birthday a while back the rooms are so lovely...Their food is gorgeous too!! Smiley smile

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

I'm an NI OM! We got married at City Hall/Malone House. Malone and Belfast Castle have the same caterers and the food was fantastic at ours.

If you are looking for a photographer in Belfast I totally recommend Campbell Photography http://www.campbellphotography.co.uk/

They are a married couple and take gorgeous, quirky photos.

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the TOG recommendation Vicster Smiley smile - didn't you post a wedding report? I remember seeing some pics on here of a wedding utside city hall, Im certain it was yours. Malone house is gorgeous too Smiley smile

H2B and I did something constructive today and called in to City Hall to give notice, that's another thing we can tick off the never ending list!!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the TOG recommendation Vicster Smiley smile - didn't you post a wedding report? I remember seeing some pics on here of a wedding utside city hall, Im certain it was yours. Malone house is gorgeous too Smiley smile

H2B and I did something constructive today and called in to City Hall to give notice, that's another thing we can tick off the never ending list!!

• Aurora13
    Beginner August 2012
    Aurora13 ·
    • Hide content

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wild-Daisy-Art-Photography/128685463816371

This is out TOG.

The food is sooo yummy at the Old Inn I cant wait!! only 69 days left!!

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

ButterflyChild, H2B and I plan to give notice at city hall next week! Does it take long? Do I need to make an appointment with them? Yes will be another thing to tick off our list too!! ?

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, you don't need an appointment. I phoned them before we went and they said just to bring the relavent docs and forms in at anytime. We saw a lovely bloke called James, we were in and out in half an hour. They just take photocopies of your docs and register you on their system then take payment for your fees and that's it Smiley smile Its made things feel so real now!!

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

I've got 6 weeks to go now. all feeling terribly real, but in a brilliant way! bought the final bits of outfit today *eeeek!* and a few things to wear on honeymoon. not getting back to my Ma's house until 4 days before the wedding, we live in Manchester and the wedding's in Antrim, but she's really, really helpful and my cousin is a bridesmaid too and she's been helping out loads as well. All the wine was delivered today (to my mum's) too.

WE went home in February to give notice. It's a quick job.

All the best with the preparations.

x

• JennyWren87
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyWren87 ·
    • Hide content

Just a wee update! Me and the other half gave our notice at the city hall today, £273 out of pocket but great to be able to tick another thing off the lengthy list!!

Also, my future hubby saw the wedding venue for the first time an absolutely loved it! Its definately a weight off my shoulders now that I know he approves!! Its got me even more excited about the wedding!!

How is everyone else getting on??

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

So glad that your H2B loves the castle Jenny, it's stunning! I can't wait to go up and see them about our wedding banquet! Smiley smile

We have all our registrar fees paid now too, its another thing to tick off the list. I have got an appointment with a florist on 5th July, time to gather quotes, quotes and more quotes!!!! xx

• T
    Beginner May 2014
    TM2TW ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

Another NI bride here! So good to see so many of us.

I am originally from Antrim but live in London now, planning to get married in Riverdale - a converted barn between Crumlin and Lurgan, I am in love with it - pic below

I am so excited!

• T
    Beginner May 2014
    TM2TW ·
    • Hide content

Thanks graceyfly,

It isn't advertised which is what I really love about it as I wanted something a bit different.

Its just round the corner from where my Dad lives so stumbled across it by accident and its just perfect for us Smiley laugh.

Tx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics