Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2013

Belle Epoque Questions

louismummy, 19 of March of 2012 at 14:19 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this site but have read a few posts about Belle Epoque so thought this would be the perfect place for my questions. I went to view last week and loved it, as I thought I would after looking at the website and reading lots of positive reviews. My only concern is the size, we will have 80-100 guests to the day, anyone who has had a wedding there or been to a wedding there, is there comfortably enough room for this many people? I was told during the ceremony there is seating for 65 and standing room for 35, I'm not sure how this would work? Also we will have around 10 children there aged between 2-5, how child friendly are they, we have decided not to invite friends children to keep the numbers as low as possible so the children who will be there will be my 2 children, my sisters 2 and cousins children who are travelling from the south to come to the wedding. Any information would be welcome as I really want to get married there I just want to make sure there will be enough room. Thanks x

30 replies

Latest activity by *porsche*, 2 of August of 2012 at 14:10
  • L
    Beginner May 2013
    louismummy ·
    • Hide content

Yes it's Belle Epoque in Knutsford and we would have exclusive hire so I don't think there would be any issue with getting the children out early.

Thanks, it is lovely I loved it as soon as I saw it!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My venue has something similar. For ther ceremony there is seating room for 48, with standing room for up to an additional 14 people. Basically this means there will be 48 chairs set up, but there's room at the back for the others. The wedding coordinator said it's common for friends of cousins to stand at the back while seating precedence is goven to older family members and immediate family.

It sounds like your venue will be able to accommodate your numbers, but 15 to 35 people will be standing!

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    louismummy ·
    • Hide content

Is there anyone else who can help on this?

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Not been to a wedding here so can't comment on fitting everyone in and how the ceremony works etc but if they are the numbers you have been given then it should be fine... the ceremony is only 20/30mins so im sure people are fine standing at the back!! (younger ones!)...We went to have a look around as we had heard a lot of great reviews...suprisingly (as others seem to like her) we found the event manager to be a bit uninterested and unhelpful but maybe she was having a bad day!! but she put us off to be honest, also we have been told by a photographer that the ceremony room is a bit of a nitemare to photograph because its a dark room... so I would make sure they visit first if they have not photographed the venue before to test out lighting etc overall the venue has fab reviews and looks lovely! but agree about the car park!! could get busy if your having a weekend wedding!! Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    louismummy ·
    • Hide content

We asked about the parking and Collette said that it's never an issue on the car park at the weekend, she said it is less busy on a Saturday. I've read quite a few reviews from photographers who say they really like the venue and find the staff very helpful every time they've been there so if we did choose Belle Epoque we'd go with one who was familiar with the venue.

I just want to make sure that the venue would comfortably accomodate that many people and I've also read a couple of old reviews that say they don't cater well for children, I'm sure the majority of weddings would have some children at them though. I think I will e-mail Collette with my concerns.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

My fiance actually proposed to me at the Belle Epoque only a couple of weeks ago, such a gorgeous place, i had never been prior to that! Anyway I had been lookign at wedding venues, i always dreamed i would get married in the Lake district, and I fell in love with Holbeck Ghyl, however it comes with a very hefty price tag!

I can't stop thinking about Belle Epoque, we want a winter wedding and i love candles and all things dark and romantic and as we only want 30-40 people in the day and 60 at night it seem slike the perfect number, especially as we don't want it to look too sparse and spreadout in a big place!

Did you book Belle Epoque in the end or has anyone else got any suggestions on a wedding there around December time, obviously my only concern was i love views, hence the Lakes and am worried that Belle Epoque would lack photo opportunities?

Thanks

x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I got married here!

Ask me anything Smiley smile

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Entirely unrelated, but can I see your dress again please?

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Amazing, thankyou!!

I have emailed you

Thanks ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I don't appear to receive emails from this site. Try ********************@*****.***

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what i did! Thanks, i have emailed you, hopefully you will get it this time! x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Here are some (lots) of photos that show off bits of the venue.

Bar area before ceremony:

Ceremony room before:

BMs at side of table, facing the room:

Us on chaise longue, facing the room:

Leaving ceremony:

Dining room:

Us wandering out of ceremony (view to garden):

Drinks in bar:

Out in garden:

At dinner (58 or so guests):

Tables and chairs set up out front, looking onto the street:

I don't have any professional ones of the evening do and most of the guest ones are pretty dark - am in the process of sorting and processing them but not really anything fabulous as of yet. But lots of candles, pink velvet and fab framed pics.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

WOW!!! It looks amazing, and your dress is absolutley gorgeous, so unusual!!! What a perfect day, everything look sbeautiful and those are the flowers they included, lovely!! Perfect for a purple/ pink colour scheme!

Thanks ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, the venue speaks for itself.

I shall expect my invitation in due course ?

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Of course!

I'll let you know how we get on on MOnday and where we book!

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

I got married here and it was FAB! We had 69 for the day and around a 100 in the eve. We fit comfortably in Smiley smile

Ask me anything xxx

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thanks, one question my H2B's dad is not very mobile nd keeps to a wheel chair most of the time. I know the bedrooms are not suitable for disabled access just wondering how accessible the rest of the venue is?

X

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

There are a lot of stairs to be getting up and down. Once he's up, he'll be alright - the ceremony room/dining room and garden are one level. One of the bedrooms leads off the garden (with just a couple of steps) so he might be able to use that bathroom (we had this room as our day sanctuary, even though we didn't stay over). And then in the evening, again, once he's downstairs, he'll be fine for loos etc. The bar/reception area is all one level. I can't remember there being a specific disabled loo but I wouldn't have looked for it.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

I bet there isn't a disabled loo, surely we could overt one somehow, I'll hope he has normal bathrooms at home, just needs the space, plus tats the room we stayed in the night my fiancé proposed n the bathrooms huge. Is there a back entrance to the back, I.e the garden that's not steps, ie a slop by any chance that he could enter by to gt to top floor and down do you know? Arrgghh gutted if we can't get arrived here because of this ☹️ I am running out of venue options, can't imagine finding any where similar and Holbeckghyll Ghyl is out of the question, it's just too expensive!

• L
    Beginner October 2011
    leyden ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I fell in love with the Belle Epoque and had my heart set on gettign married there. However, when we went to view it with my future husband and our son (who was 3 at the time), the weddign co-ordinator was so rude, i nearly burst into tears. I couldnt wait to get out. As soon as she saw our son, her attitude changed. She was so uninterested it was unture. Needless to say, we didnt get married there.

Maybe if you go to view it - dont take your children ?? Though we took our son as we wanted him to part of the whole celebration, and where we chose to get married also involved him - which the woman at Belle Epoque didnt.

Also remember there are no more than 10 (?) bedrooms - though the pub next door has rooms - which we did look at, and our lovely.

I hope if you do book, her attitude has some what lightened up. Again, maybe we caught her on an 'off day' ??? Though she does seem to have a few off days ???....

Good luck where ever you book x

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

We've photographed weddings there (just in the process of getting an album together for them to display of our work)

Its a great venue, really intimate although you are up and downstairs between the ceremony and the wedding breakfast.

There are some pics on our blog

http://www.rswphotography.co.uk/blog/4554107591/Peter-and-Tracey---The-Belle-Epoque-Knutsford/1639092

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately, I have to say that the Belle Epoque is not child-friendly. There are no high chairs and no changing facilities, lots of stairs, lots of sharp and pointy things and an antique glass floor that won't stand small children skidding on it. I don't think they pitch themselves as a "family" place.

It wasn't a problem for us because we agreed early on that we weren't going to have children at our wedding. In fact, it was one of the reasons that the Belle Epoque was so perfect for us.

Throughout our (child-free) interactions, the wedding girl (Collette) was lovely; absolutely bent over backwards to make things perfect for us.

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married here in october 2013. We were shown around by one of the staff (Jean-Luc) and fell head over heels in love with it. He gave us all the info we needed and was so informative. We sat down and worked everything out and decided to book. For this stage we needed to go through colette. Like one of the other members mentioned earlier I was in tears when I got of the phone. She wasn't really interested and rather than being excited about booking our big day I wondered If we had made a terrible mistake. HOWEVER... since we have paid our deposit, she has been fantastic. We were told by our registar that we couldn't have the time we wanted and there was nothing they could do. Collete managed to get it sorted and since then she has been happy to help in any way possible. Maybe she gets alot of time wasters and therefore can be a bit off before you actually commit to anything. Don't get me wrong I think this behaviour is totally unacceptable. I guess the venue really sells itself so she doesn't have to!!

In regards to the numbers you mentioned, they will def be able to accommodate however you will need to take the layout of the room into consideration. We are having approx 80 guests in the day. Any more than this and they clear the ceromony room to add more tables. I personally feel that this looks a bit like some guestas are out of the way but thats just my opinion. I hope you get sorted. xxx

P.s fortheloveofmrsbrown - may be hounding you for some ideas etc nearer the time xx

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone

Just to let you know we have BOOKED Belle Epoque, 7th December 2013 – so excited!!!! went to see it again on Monday and loved it equally as much as I did when Matt proposed there a few weeks ago. Thanks for all the advice and help, it is massively appreciated. I’m just going to sit back and relax for a while now before the rest of the planning begins, going to go and see the place this December and see how it is decorated for Christmas and go from there on how much if any venue dressing is required! They have a wedding fair in September as well, can’t wait!!

x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Yay, it will be lovely in December!

I have a box full of tealight holders and pink/purple candles that I'm happy to sell on!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, what are the tea light holders like and how many are there? Do you have a pic, not sure I am going to go for tea lights yet or candleabres?

x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I'll count them tonight. We used tealights around the downstairs tables/windowsills and big candlesticks/jar candles in the ceremony room. We also had hurricane lamps outside but you might not be using the garden!

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    louismummy ·
    • Hide content

I'd also be interested in the tea lights and holders, we are getting married at Belle Époque on the 11th May 2013. Let me know how many and how much and any pics would also be fab.

Thanks

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We and three other babies had high chairs at my friends wedding there last year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics